NZXT H1 important PSA

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The NZXT H1 has been found to have a MAJOR safety risk and possibility of catching fire!

I know it's an extremely popular case in the Mini PC list so if any of you do own it, it's absolutely imperative you contact NZXT and they'll send out some replacement screws to replace the current problematic ones.

Details on H1 Case Safety Issue - NZXT

Unsafe Computer Catches Fire: NZXT H1 Case & BLD Serious Problems - YouTube

This is just a preliminary workaround, not a final fix, but hopefully should mitigate the issue further, although GamersNexus investigation shows that there may still be an issue with the gpu riser.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just a follow up, GamersNexus are doing quite a thorough investigation into the H1 case, and aside from the problematic screws, they've found inherent flaws with the GPU riser.

They've been pushing NZXT for a recall for the riser specifically as have found conclusive proof of serious problems.

There's a tweet on it here and they are soon to be releasing a further video on it, will post a link when it goes live:

Last edited:
That was the "Xbox Series X" style case wasn't it? I really wanted that before I joined the forums. Dodged a bullet there

original.gif

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That was the "Xbox Series X" style case wasn't it? I really wanted that before I joined the forums. Dodged a bullet there

original.gif
Yeah, that's the one... It's still a fantastic case, there's no doubt, the cooling ability for high end GPU's and CPU's in such a small form factor, and the ease of building it over a lot of other micro cases still make it the one to beat.

It's all down to NZXT on how they approach this. Currently, they're not responding well enough to correct the issue, and that will overshadow the potential of an otherwise stellar case design.

They need to step up and recall the riser cable immediately, and get replacements out quickly. That's on top of actually supplying the replacement screws that a lot of customers have been waiting months for on the RMA process.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Further developments.... NZXT have officially issued a recall on the case.

Now please please please, any of you that have the case please do contact NZXT and go through their suggested process.

PLEASE DON'T ASSUME IT WON'T AFFECT YOU. The consequences are very serious with this issue, the last thing you want is for a house fire because you didn't take it seriously.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
It’s amazing how slow the cogs of Business move with safety issues like these particularly when significant cost is involved. GN have a lot of credit due for pushing it into the public domain and I think have accelerated the NZXT response an awful lot. Hats off to them....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It’s amazing how slow the cogs of Business move with safety issues like these particularly when significant cost is involved. GN have a lot of credit due for pushing it into the public domain and I think have accelerated the NZXT response an awful lot. Hats off to them....
100%!
Gamers Nexus really pushed the boat out here, it further cements how much they’re on the side of the consumer over what “benefits” a company will pay them to keep quiet or promote an agenda.