OC'd PC showing stock clock in Geforce Experience

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
Hi, just recieved my new PC about an hour ago and am just setting it up, I opened geforce experience and it listed all my specs but showed that my OC 4770k was at stock speeds? Is this normal, is it still OC and do I have to do anything about it? Also my boot and a restart I did were quite long (about 30 seconds) which shouldn't be the case on a new ssd I guess. Only minor worries but if someone could help here it'd be much appreciated.

Rakk

The Awesome
The speed will only go above stock speeds when required, so to get it to go higher you will need to find something to tax your CPU :)
If using Win8, if you look at task manager it actually shows the current speed of your CPU (least I think that's what its showing), when idling the speed will be really very low

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
Thanks, also had about 3 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORs aswell

E: 4 now, keeps crashing

5 now! Help

Last edited:

steaky360

What are you doing when the error occurs?

Might be worth checking to ensure all your drivers etc. are up to date, win update has finished installing any updates and give your PC a restart (if you've not done all this already that is...)

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
Installed gpu drivers off of GeForce experience and used my mobo disc but still crashes will use the oalit disc that came with it too, it ceashes randomly, I'm downloading chrome or some other tiny application and it crashes or I'm installing something etc.

E: JUST DID IT AGAIN! Didn't even log in!

wowcraftify

Gold Level Poster
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

steaky360

I'd recommend going to the manufacturer websites for hte most up to date drivers. The ones on the discs might not be the latest ones available and could be unstable compared to newer ones.

Although installing the newer drivers may not fix this issue. If you get the newer drivers installed and still have issues, I'd recommend giving PCS a call - they might suggest a clean install.