Octane 17.3" NVIDIA RTX 2080 - wakes up every minute

kamma

hello,

i have an issue with my brand new Octane Series notebook with core i9 9900K and NVIDIA RTX 2080.

when external display connected via mini DisplayPort went to sleep, it wakes up every minute for few seconds and then goes again to sleep mode.
i tied to reinstall different versions of graphics driver, but with no success.

maybe some bios update could help, but only bios available is original clevo p7xxtm1, which is the same version 1.07.25

any suggestion ?

thanks

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Open a command prompt (or PowerShell) and enter the command powercfg /lastwake, that will show you what most recently woke the laptop.

You should check to see whether any devices are allowed to wake the laptop via the powercfg /devicequery wake_armed command.

You should also check for any wake timers via the powercfg /waketimers command.

You might also take a look in the event log to see whether anything was logged there at wake time.

kamma

thank you for your reply.

i checked these commands and didn't found anything suspicious.
i am not sure, if you get it correctly, but it's not about computer to wake up, but it's only about display.
computer is running and display is in sleep state.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ah, so the laptop stays asleep but the monitor wakes?

In that case check the monitor manual for things that can wake it.....

debiruman665

Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure this is a windows display settings thing or power savings settings thing. I deliberately set mine up to have the exact same behavior so when I was watching a movie on an external display that the laptop screen would turn off while the external screen remained on.

Try right-clicking the battery and having a poke around the power options plan you have configured to see if the screen is set to go to sleep after x amount of time.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It's mostly for the customer community. None of us who have posted here are PCS staff :) And it's not an official support channel.

It's a great resource, but having apparently exhausted suggestions from the community I'd definitely suggest reaching out to PCS about the problem.

If you can, keep us posted on how it goes. Could help others in a similar position.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
You need to post your findings with the aforementioned tests to get any actual feedback on what's happening. What may not be suspicious to you, may be suspicious to a more trained eye.

Daft question here, but I take it the monitor doesn't exhibit this behaviour when it is unplugged from the PC? Have you tried it with HDMI to narrow it down solely to the DP?

kamma

monitor is ok. i used it before, with OctaneV with no issue at all.
there was nvidia 1080, so thats the main difference.

yes, i tried it with HDMI with same result.

probably the most easy way to show you, is to record a video.