octane 3 - clevo control panel crash

graaam101

Hi Everyone

First Post so 'Hi There'

Just got my new laptop and just have a quick question.

I have a Octane 3 with a 6700k @4ghz - the clevo control panel crashes if I try to go into the CPU / Memory Overclocking section. 'CPU_DRAM_OC stopped working.

Is this due to it being a stock BIOS or should this function out of the box correctly (and if so what is the way to fix / correct)?

Not that I am going to be doing anything extreme I was just excited to have a little fiddle.

The GPU part functions but I won't be touching that for obvious reasons (warranty).

Neo

Bronze Level Poster
Hi, have you tried uninstalling the control centre restarting and reinstalling the control centre (it can be downloaded by logging into PCS site; then going to Download in the Technical support - it's called Hotkey Part1 & Part 2. Just run setup once extracted).

I didn't have the same problem as you but instead my GPU / CPU OC apps just wouldn;t open at all (they were frozen). The reinstall made them work again for me.

graaam101

Hi Neo

Not tried anything yet incase there is a quick fix, but thanks for letting me know I can find them on PCS instead of CLEVO website.

Do I need to uninstall before installing or will it all sort itself out.

Neo

Bronze Level Poster
I would suggest uninstalling the control centre first. Then doing a restart, then reinstalling with the files from PCS.
2016-11-24_1.png
2016-11-24_2.png

Neo

Bronze Level Poster
Note it will lose any custom keyboard backlight settings you may have (although it's easy to recreate).

JDA1982

I've got the same problem at the moment but for some reason when I tried to download the Hotkey Part 1 and Part 2 files the links just took me to a page of scrambled code and no downloads. That was last night though, I'll try again after work tonight.

Neo

Bronze Level Poster
I've got the same problem at the moment but for some reason when I tried to download the Hotkey Part 1 and Part 2 files the links just took me to a page of scrambled code and no downloads. That was last night though, I'll try again after work tonight.

If you get the same again (scrambled code and no download) it'll be a call to PCS support so they can re-upload the files for you. I'm certain that once you have got it re-installed that the OC functionality (the app) will be back.

JDA1982

I found out that the download wasn't working on Firefox but it did work on Edge so I downloaded on that. I uninstalled the control centre, restarted the laptop and reinstalled the control centre, another re-start and everything is working fine now.