Octane III RAM Upgrade 2133 / 2400?

deanparkr

Hi

I have an Octane III (Clevo P751DM-G). I would like to add some more RAM to it. Currently it has the following: 16GB HyperX IMPACT 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB).

I am looking to purchase Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 SODIMM 2400MHz (2x 8GB)

To bring total RAM to 32GB using the four total RAM slots. However I notice that the current RAM speed is 2133MHz. If I add additional RAM at 2400MHz is that going to cause a problem? Or is it the case the laptop will run the new RAM at 2133Mhz speed?

I am wondering if this upgrade would work ok or if it would cause issues.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi

I have an Octane III (Clevo P751DM-G). I would like to add some more RAM to it. Currently it has the following: 16GB HyperX IMPACT 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB).

I am looking to purchase Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 SODIMM 2400MHz (2x 8GB)

To bring total RAM to 32GB using the four total RAM slots. However I notice that the current RAM speed is 2133MHz. If I add additional RAM at 2400MHz is that going to cause a problem? Or is it the case the laptop will run the new RAM at 2133Mhz speed?

I am wondering if this upgrade would work ok or if it would cause issues.
It should work, but it will clock to the lowest speeds, so 2133.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I've got the same laptop and RAM setup.

Firstly, do you absolutely need the 16GB bump?
Are you aware it's a bit of a faff getting to the second DIMM slots?

If you absolutely need 32GB now I would probably opt for 2x16GB 2666mhz personally. Then just sell on the 16GB on the bay of e's or somewhere else.

deanparkr

Ah I'm actually having it taken apart to replace worn out track pad so will have the slots available. Otherwise yeah... I probably wouldnt bother!

Got a new top case, keyboard and trackpad to fit. It will be like new again :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If you don't have any need for the RAM I wouldn't bother anyway. It's an expensive bump for no benefit. It definitely won't help gaming.