Octane series locking up while gaming.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So quick update,

Repasting is complete - Ran Prime95 and Furmark stress tests for half hr and temperatures averaged out much better around the mid 70s on CPU and just shy of 80 on the GPU.

Once I have decided on a brand of thermal pad I will order some up and change these as well, once these arrive I will take plenty of photos and make a short guide on how to carry out this procedure for anyone searching the forums with a similar problem.

Now its time to start playing a few games and see if it is stable.

On a side note I noticed nothing is soldered does this mean that in theory parts are replaceable if someone was to manufacture say a updated GPU? Wouldn't mind me a 3090 ;).

In all seriousness tho the port the GPU is going into, is this an adapted x16 slot which could potentially be used for another better GPU say in an external enclosure?
You won't need to replace the thermal pads, just the paste on the CPU.

The Octane has MXM graphics, whilst they are replaceable, it's down to what cards are released for the chassis, and new GPU's are prohibitively expensive, like around £1500 for a 3080, so it's usually better value to just upgrade the chassis.