Octane VI Keyboard key broken

slippy88

Hi I have been trying to put one of the keys back on after something got stuck underneath. I think however the white mechanism part is damaged. If I bought a replacement keyboard is it easy to replace myself or will it disconnect the thermal paste ?

steaky360

I'm not sure for your laptop but usually as part of the welcome pack there are instructions for doing some basic repairs to the laptop if necessary. Alternatively, if no one here can answer definitively you can always give PCS a phone for assistance and they'll either be able to talk you through it, offer a RMA or maybe even just give you some advice about where to look to get the new replacement keyboard.

slippy88

Hi I can order a new keyboard no problem from the parts list they supplied. I am just worried about disconnecting the thermal paste so might be better to just send it in instead of ordering the keyboard then trying to do it myself.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi I can order a new keyboard no problem from the parts list they supplied. I am just worried about disconnecting the thermal paste so might be better to just send it in instead of ordering the keyboard then trying to do it myself.
The thermal paste is applied to the CPU between the CPU and the cooler, it's not related to the keyboard in any way.

slippy88

The thermal paste is applied to the CPU between the CPU and the cooler, it's not related to the keyboard in any way.
But when I opened my laptop last time to look at a USB port inside I pulled the fans up and the thermal paste disconnected. I can't remember if the keyboard was accessible or not I need someone who has taken this specific model apart before to confirm if I can replace the keyboard or not without disconnecting.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
But when I opened my laptop last time to look at a USB port inside I pulled the fans up and the thermal paste disconnected. I can't remember if the keyboard was accessible or not I need someone who has taken this specific model apart before to confirm if I can replace the keyboard or not without disconnecting.
As above, contact PCS for advice on how to remove the keyboard.