Octane VI laptop shutting down mid games

Adrian_Kain

Do see whether other games fail as well. This is a strange one TBH. It might just be those two games. Is there anything on related game fora?

Fresh reinstall of windows 10, minimal software installed, just Clevo Control Center, Nvidia drivers NordVPN and Hwmonitor and the mandatory windows updates.

Ran the game Chernobylite and it shutdown within 2 minutes of loading into the game.
Ex2: I launched Warframe and I was in the menu trying to set up the video settings as the game was on low settings for some reason, I selected high settings and the moment i hit confirm new settings the whole rig shut down.

Example 2: This morning 11/10 I ran a benchmark while in Assassin`s creed Mirage. See below pics. Shut the game down, went to do the same in Valhalla and while loading the Laptop shut down. I have uploaded the latest logs as well, just in case you wanna take another look @ubuysa

Thanks for all your help but at this point I give up. Once i return to UK I will contact PCS and send it into service for a full software/hardware inspection. I have no clue what is going on with Ol`Bessie, but i am beginning to think it`s time for an upgrade/new hardware. I am thinking to give Ryzen a try for my next laptop

Attachments

• AC mirage 2 benchmark.jpg
    AC mirage 2 benchmark.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 52
  • AC mirage Benchamrk 3.jpg
    AC mirage Benchamrk 3.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 43
  • AC Mirage benchmark.jpg
    AC Mirage benchmark.jpg
    763.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That does sound very much like a hardware problem then, especially if it's failing following a clean install.

I see nothing in your latest System log to account for the shutdowns - actually I don't even see the shutdowns in that log....

Adrian_Kain

That does sound very much like a hardware problem then, especially if it's failing following a clean install.

I see nothing in your latest System log to account for the shutdowns - actually I don't even see the shutdowns in that log....
Thank you

I will contact PCS once i return to uk in a week and go from there. If it is a hardware failure, i have no idea what is causing it. After my last post I did the following again
* Cinebench tests on CPU/GPU - both stress test and Stability test - no shutdowns
*1h Heaven benchmade on Extreme (again) - No shutdowns whatsoever
I will Run now Performance Monitor and Windows Memory Diagnostic to see if they detect anything and post the logs here

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you

I will contact PCS once i return to uk in a week and go from there. If it is a hardware failure, i have no idea what is causing it. After my last post I did the following again
* Cinebench tests on CPU/GPU - both stress test and Stability test - no shutdowns
*1h Heaven benchmade on Extreme (again) - No shutdowns whatsoever
I will Run now Performance Monitor and Windows Memory Diagnostic to see if they detect anything and post the logs here
The big test is furmark, that’s the only reliable GPU torture test

Adrian_Kain

The big test is furmark, that’s the only reliable GPU torture test
That`s the Furmak Test done. This screenshot was taken 10 minutes after starting the CPu burner as well. You can see the CPU at 100% use and a stable 83c temp. hell Spydertracks, I even ran a Furmark with the settings of Extreme Burn-in enabled and passed the test. It got a score of 9552

I dunno what is the issue here. if it is indeed a hardware issue then it ain`t the CPU or GPU. That leaves RAM, SSD and motherboard. I will get those looked at when I get back to UK

Attachments

• Furmark Test.jpg
    Furmark Test.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
CPU temps are really good IMO. 93 peak with an 83 sustained load at 95w isn't half bad.

What's the GPU temps like during the test?

Adrian_Kain

CPU temps are really good IMO. 93 peak with an 83 sustained load at 95w isn't half bad.

What's the GPU temps like during the test?
During that test? It maxed out at 61c but second and 3rd test where I had all the settings on the benchmark maxed up/enabled it went up to 65c.

You see what is confusing? Every benchmark or test I did, it passes with flying colors. The moment i load a game in...shuts down. I will look more into the hardware part when i get back to UK...

I have not changed anything in bios and the only changes i made in Clevo Control Centre are the keyboard colors and the fan settings. I have them custom, to kick to 60% when temps go to 75 and 90% when temps go to 85+. Everything else is default

PL1 - 95W / Pl2 - 125W and Power Time limit - 28s
CPU Voltage is on Adaptive, with an offset of -50mv (same offset it had from the day I got it)
CPU VR Limit - Automatic (same setting as day 1)
DIMM profile is Default one
GPU core increment -70 / Memory Increment - 0 (default settings)
Basic Settings - Performance (there were 4 options, quiet, entertainment, power saving and performance)

I don`t know enough about overclocking and under-volting to stick my nose into these settings so I left them to what they were before. If anyone here knows more, I am open to suggestions

Last edited:

Adrian_Kain

So, it took a while but i got it taken to a repair shop near me. It turns out the 2TB SSD on which most of my games were located was having some very bad SMART error, from that they said. Got the SSD swapped for a new one and for now everything seems to be working fine. I am in a location with pretty bad internet so getting everything re-downloaded took me a while.