Octane VI Power Cable

Tholan

Hi,

I am not sure if i am the only one having this problem. I just to receipt of a new Octane VI laptop which is amazing. I have an issue though where the power cable slips out quite easily. So when playing a game, it isnt obvious it has happened and then the computer runs slow or turns off due to running on the battery.

Anyone had this problem? any ideas? any clips or something which may help keep it plugged in?

Thanks,

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I would phone PCS and confirm you have the right charger. That doesn't sound right to me.

Sent using Tapatalk

Shepard

Enthusiast
If you get in touch with us, it would be perfect if you could take pictures or even a video and send them over. This way we'll see where/why it's "wobbly" :)

Tholan

I think it’s the right one and I wouldn’t say it’s wobbly.
It’s just it’s location is at the back of the laptop and it isnt a tight clip in fit like I’ve had on other laptops, so it can quite easily come out with small movement of the wire. I use it on my lap and not on a desk so there will be more movement than normal.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I believe that's just the design. There is no clip or bevel to hold it in, it's held in purely through friction of the plug itself (I'm on the Octane III but I don't think it's changed.)

It shouldn't be an issue on the desk etc but mine falls out all the time on my lap. I believe this style of connector is required due to the amperage that's flowing through it. Something a bit more MIL spec was required :D