Odyssey G9 Vertical Mount?

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Hey guys :)

I have the Odyssey G9 but I'm looking at putting one of my previous monitors above the G9 as it would be useful for work and also being able to have an extra screen whilst fullscreen in games. The monitor I'm wanting to put above the G9 is this monitor, however, I'm not sure how I'd do this.
Do different monitors have different brackets to connect to...or whatever they're called? Would it be safe for me to have the G9 and another monitor attached to one stand or would it be too heavy? Wall mounting is 100% out of the question as the wall is opposite my neighbour's bedroom and it's a very thin wall.

Thought I'd ask here as I know absolutely nothing about monitor mounts and if they require certain things and whatnot!

Please move this to the appropriate channel if this is the wrong one

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey guys :)

I have the Odyssey G9 but I'm looking at putting one of my previous monitors above the G9 as it would be useful for work and also being able to have an extra screen whilst fullscreen in games. The monitor I'm wanting to put above the G9 is this monitor, however, I'm not sure how I'd do this.
Do different monitors have different brackets to connect to...or whatever they're called? Would it be safe for me to have the G9 and another monitor attached to one stand or would it be too heavy? Wall mounting is 100% out of the question as the wall is opposite my neighbour's bedroom and it's a very thin wall.

Thought I'd ask here as I know absolutely nothing about monitor mounts and if they require certain things and whatnot!

Please move this to the appropriate channel if this is the wrong one
The monitor brackets are VESA and come in various different standards although monitors tend to be more limited in the sizes they use, you just have to get the right vesa size for that particular monitor:

You can get a modular desk mount that can accommodate multiple VESA brackets on one vertical pole.

The ones I’d recommend are Lindy, they’re expensive but they’re fully modular so you buy the mounting system, the pole and the arms as separate parts that all come together. This way if your needs change in the future, you can just swap out the component necessary rather than the whole solution. They also tend to be rated for higher weight limits. I’ve been using them for years and they’ve been superb. The G9 is an anomaly though, make sure it can accommodate the overall weight:

TomBerry

Bright Spark
The monitor brackets are VESA and come in various different standards although monitors tend to be more limited in the sizes they use, you just have to get the right vesa size for that particular monitor:

You can get a modular desk mount that can accommodate multiple VESA brackets on one vertical pole.

The ones I’d recommend are Lindy, they’re expensive but they’re fully modular so you buy the mounting system, the pole and the arms as separate parts that all come together. This way if your needs change in the future, you can just swap out the component necessary rather than the whole solution. They also tend to be rated for higher weight limits. I’ve been using them for years and they’ve been superb. The G9 is an anomaly though, make sure it can accommodate the overall weight:

I've found this on Amazon, would this be ideal for the monitor I'll be using? Decided might be better if I just have the stand attached to the desk next to the base of the G9, and have it tower over the G9?

The screenshot below is the only thing the monitor's description shows in regards to VESA, I'm assuming this will be compatible with the bracket then?

1626033130180.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've found this on Amazon, would this be ideal for the monitor I'll be using? Decided might be better if I just have the stand attached to the desk next to the base of the G9, and have it tower over the G9?

The screenshot below is the only thing the monitor's description shows in regards to VESA, I'm assuming this will be compatible with the bracket then?

View attachment 27772
As with anything, you have to go into the specifications to see any relevant data.

Shows the exact VESA standard used. Every monitor has this data in the specifications. It's almost always pointless looking at the product page, it's mostly marketting rubbish that has little relevance to anything, always look at the specifications.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
As with anything, you have to go into the specifications to see any relevant data.

Shows the exact VESA standard used. Every monitor has this data in the specifications. It's almost always pointless looking at the product page, it's mostly marketting rubbish that has little relevance to anything, always look at the specifications.
Ahh thank you! Didn't realise the small text at the top with specifications up there, looks to be 100 x 100 for the VESA mount which the one I've linked supports, so will go with that :) thanks!