Official: iPhone 4 jailbreak hits from iPhone Dev Team

Gorman

Author Level
The Library of Congress made it legal, MuscleNerd showed us it was a go, and now Comex and company have delivered the long-awaited jailbreak to the fourth rendition of iPhone. According to their new page JailbreakMe, the hack works right on the iPhone 4 (or 3GS, or 3G, or iPad, or...) itself, using via the handset's Safari browser to reportedly break into most any iOS device. The servers are getting slammed pretty badly, and only a few Engadget editors have so much as seen the page pictured above so far, but rest assured we're testing this as we speak and will have more details up soon.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/01/official-iphone-4-jailbreak-hits-from-iphone-dev-team/

You can now jailbreak your iphone running ios4 by visiting a webpage with Safari.

So remember those get a mac ads that touted how secure Apple software is?

Seems that thanks to a gaping hole in Safari that allows the website to trick IOS into installing cydia.

Awesomesauce.

W

WR

Didnt take long at all. That definitely is some Awesomesauce!

Sleinous

Author Level
So can I, I bricked it when unlocking though, installed wrong unlocker for my 3GS, thanksfully I recovered BEFORE 4.0.2 firmware release but I had SHSH's on file anyway :D Unlocked fine now, ordered a free SIM to test it out.