Ol' Faithful...

kruppsy

Master
Well, true to word I've just finished re-routing cables and having a quick (as you will see from the pics) clean. Toms thread inspired me. I don't think I've ever taken the time to de-dust and some of the things in the old girl looked like they probably could have been primitive life forms...more work needed on that front...

Here we go then. Some before shots.

As you can see its an absolute collage of wires. I think I was so eager to get the thing fired up i completely neglected the cable management. :oops:

to be continued...

not getting the hang of this posting pics lark at all....lol...

Attachments

• IMAG0707.jpg
    IMAG0707.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 295
  • IMAG0702.jpg
    IMAG0702.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 321
  • IMAG0710.jpg
    IMAG0710.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

kruppsy

Master
So, and although I'm more than likely going to regret not getting some more zeds, i scuffed my knuckles through a few hours of fun and here's the result..

Yes that is an IDE cable! :wheelchair:

Another glaring mistake is my sig. I reckoned I had 4GB RAM, well, I haven't! Shows how long its been since I last opened my case or checked my specs...woeful PC etiquette...I've done the right thing and ordered another GB off a well known auctioning site, it was easier than changing my sig...

I'll get back to seeing how far I can push my overclock in the next few days, 3.4Ghz and counting...great, if slightly old now, processor.

I've had the PC for about 6 years, custom built myself and just keeps evolving. I'll have the case for life, its awesome. You kids can have your fancy dan cases with spoilers, side skirts, windows and go faster stripes...I know what I like...

I'll shut up...off to bed...

Attachments

• IMAG0723.jpg
    IMAG0723.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 273
  • IMAG0726.jpg
    IMAG0726.jpg
    981.6 KB · Views: 287
  • IMAG0712.jpg
    IMAG0712.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 304
  • IMAG0717.jpg
    IMAG0717.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 281
  • IMAG0719.jpg
    IMAG0719.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think ive had fridges smaller than that case!

Good work and well done keeping the ol' thing going this long :)

kruppsy

Master
I think ive had fridges smaller than that case!

Good work and well done keeping the ol' thing going this long :)

Cheers mate :)

She's a beast of a case, means theres more nooks for dust to collect, as you can see! I like to kid myself into thinking its helping cooling having a thin layer of dust on components...never was one for cleaning...

I'll keep her going for as long as I can...the lego gene i think...its nice having the PCS laptop as a safety net incase i slip up or something packs in.