Old PC games

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
As a post in another thread, I said I felt like rummaging through the box in the bedroom wardrobe to look at my old pc games I used to play but i couldnt at the time as it was late at night and the missus was asleep.... Someone, stares @SpyderTracks suggested I put an alien costume on and do it anyway... I declined as I'm rather attached to my skin!! 😛

But I have since gotten to the box 😁 and had a good look at what I've got in the way of pc games.. for your viewing pleasure ☺

Oldgames1.jpg
Oldgames2.jpg
20210620_090903.jpg

I do have a few other games which I have not shown due to various reasons ie just the CD left

The best memories came from Quake... jumping around the map with the rocket launcher in time to prodigy's "smack my ***** up" 😁

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As a post in another thread, I said I felt like rummaging through the box in the bedroom wardrobe to look at my old pc games I used to play but i couldnt at the time as it was late at night and the missus was asleep.... Someone, stares @SpyderTracks suggested I put an alien costume on and do it anyway... I declined as I'm rather attached to my skin!! 😛

But I have since gotten to the box 😁 and had a good look at what I've got in the way of pc games.. for your viewing pleasure ☺

View attachment 27203View attachment 27204View attachment 27207

I do have a few other games which I have not shown due to various reasons ie just the CD left

The best memories came from Quake... jumping around the map with the rocket launcher in time to prodigy's "smack my ***** up" 😁
Lovely collection there! Very nice indeed 🙏

The Max Payne games were one of my greatest loves, the part in 2 I think where he realises he’s a character in a game just blew me away!

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
I have to admit that out of those games pictured, I've never played 4 of them... Fifa 2003, Planetside, alone in the dark and Zax.
There are a couple of others i started to play but got turned off by the game

SiAdams

Surprised not to see Dark Forces on that list! I remember command and conqueror. I was about 13 years old and never left my room haha

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Most of these titles are absolutely classics and pioneers of modern videogames. This brings back so many memories :love:

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
Surprised not to see Dark Forces on that list! I remember command and conqueror. I was about 13 years old and never left my room haha
Dark Forces? I'll admit I haven't heard of that one..

As for C&C the same. Although my favourite was the Red Alert series(not 3... that got stupid..) Especially after I got hold of prism tanks.. a squad of 10 elite prism tanks pretty much massacres anything else..

Or if you really wanna be nasty to the AI opposition.. after using the configuration file cheat... just use a "God mode" Tanya against them... just make sure your AI opposition don't have access to Tanya themselves!! Lol

omens

Gold Level Poster
I found my copy of Desert Strike and Jungle Strike (it was a 2-games-in-one) box at the weekend. I bought it in 1996.

I remember quite a few games from that photo.

rouchie

Rising Star

Max Payne series is one of my all time favourites, along with the original? Deus Ex and Half Life

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member

Some really goooooood games there!

2142, Red alert, Dawn of War, Star Trek Elite force booom! + many many more!

Supcom FA is worth trying out if you like RTS still. The loud mod makes it amazing.

joanwelms

The best memories came from Quake Toca Boca MOD APK... jumping around the map with the rocket launcher in time to prodigy's "smack my ***** up" 😁
I need some time to just play some games... Where I don't need to worry about having tons of hard drive space, or the latest video card, and where I don't have to spend hours tweaking to get great performance. Assume that I don't know a thing about old video games, and just make any recommendations and tell me a bit about the game, but be careful not to spoil any of the story, please! One more preference... I'd like to be able to run the game in windowed mode, so I can keep an eye on other things while I play. Having a single player mode is ideal, but any good multiplayer-only games are welcome, too.

SiAdams

Dark Forces? I'll admit I haven't heard of that one..

As for C&C the same. Although my favourite was the Red Alert series(not 3... that got stupid..) Especially after I got hold of prism tanks.. a squad of 10 elite prism tanks pretty much massacres anything else..

Or if you really wanna be nasty to the AI opposition.. after using the configuration file cheat... just use a "God mode" Tanya against them... just make sure your AI opposition don't have access to Tanya themselves!! Lol
Sorry I should have mentioned STAR WARS

Looks like they are making a remaster for this bad boy

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Sorry I should have mentioned STAR WARS

Looks like they are making a remaster for this bad boy
I only ever played Dark Forces a little as a kid. I preferred the sequel, Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, which became the first game in the Jedi Knight series which I played huge amounts of.

I'll certainly keep an eye out for the remaster!