Old rig funds new games.

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
Okay, so after having my new PC for a couple of weeks, I decided to break apart & sell my old gaming PC.

So far I sold the GPU (Radeon HD 3850 512 MB AGP 8x) for £45 & the PSU for £30. I also have 4x 1GB sticks of memory which will be sold soon.

But the £75 from the first 2 items I decided to put into my Steam wallet, as my game collection is pretty dire.

Here's a screenshot of what I currently have on Steam;

Steam.jpg

What games do you guys personally recommend I get?

I'm not into Racing games, or RTS. I did try for a while to get into Starcraft II, it never happened for me, I get bored very quickly. Some of the games I do have, which aren't on Steam are Bad Company 2, Modern Warfare 2, Deus Ex HR Augmented Edition, Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas, BioShock II, GTA:4, Sims 3 & Football Manager 2011.

I was looking at RAGE, but have heard it's very short & sweet - also the co-op mode only having tiny little side maps sort of puts me off. But I was thinking about perhaps pre-ordering Skyrim, or maybe getting Dead Space II, Super Meat Boy, Back to the Future etc. Really not sure, so let me know what you guys think are great games on Steam <3

Dayve

Well, I've got 3 games pre-ordered right now, although I only order boxed games, I do not buy from STEAM or any other digital thing, I like to have the box.

Battlefield 3, Skyrim and SWTOR. Of those 3, BF3 and Skyrim, for me, are an absolute must, no questions asked. I say you can't go wrong with those, BF3 is out next week. If you don't want to buy from Origin then buy on Amazon, you do need Origin to play, though it's really not as evil and bad as everyone says it is.

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
why dont you sell the rest together as a PC with no PSU, dont mention the gfx card though

Giving it away, I kept the little 450w PSU it had, along with the 4 sticks of 512 MB ram & the old pewpy GPU.

I just pre-ordered Skyrim from my steam wallet & bought Super Meat Boy through PayPal (wasn't sure if Steam allows you to combine wallet + paypal for full priced games, so didn't want to be left with like £28 & unable to buy a 29.99 game if I wanted xD), so £40.01 left to spend in Steam.

I am buying MW3, but not through there. I'm also buying BF3, but can't through there. So very open to options.

It seems Dead Space II is £19.99 on the UK Steam & $19.99 on the US, so very tempted to do that, but that'd mean I can't use the £40.01? Unless there's a way to purchase other regions, which I don't think there is.

Last edited:

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
you'll love it, even my mum plays it :) and if you dont like it, then well, you need to see a doctor, its quite good fun when you use cheat engine to get unlimited sun and no refill times :)

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
you'll love it, even my mum plays it :) and if you dont like it, then well, you need to see a doctor, its quite good fun when you use cheat engine to get unlimited sun and no refill times :)

Was only £6.99, I did laugh when it was less than 50MB & downloaded in like 10 seconds, lol xD

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yeh it runs on anything as well which is a big bonus, ive literally bought it on every platform possible, PC, Xbox, iPod/iPhone, iPad and have completed the campaign about 10 times, theres loads of other fun stuff to work at once the campaign is completed, PopCap are an amazing game developer, hope they bring out a second PvZ

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
I added a few more quid, so there's £43.02 left in my Steam wallet.

Have been playing Super Meat Boy for a couple of hours, got A+ on all stages on the first 2 acts. Light world & dark world A+s ;D am pretty proud.
It does take it's toll on the thumb-pad though, so much joystick wiggling is sure to bring blisters xD reminds me of the ones I used to get playing Street Fighter.

Here's a screen of how my game library is looking now;

Steam2.jpg

'yey, Skyrim ;D

Petchi b

I've got Skyrim and FM 2012 on pre-order which are the main ones for me. It seems you have plenty there to keep you going for a long while, I'm betting you barely finish half of all those games..:)

Save your cash now and get playing.. :p

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
I've got Skyrim and FM 2012 on pre-order which are the main ones for me. It seems you have plenty there to keep you going for a long while, I'm betting you barely finish half of all those games..:)

Save your cash now and get playing.. :p

lol, you're probably right.

There're so many awesome titles out & coming out, it's hard to resist getting them all. But I literally don't have enough hours in the day to complete them all before something else is released xD

I'll leave that money in there for steam sale impulse buys or for when something unmissable appears.