Old TV

Stephen M

Author Level
One good thing about lock down is that I now have nearly all of my old DVDs on to hard drive, so now am catching up up on some old favourites.

My all time favourite series was the Prisoner with Patrick McGoohan, if it were not for the colour quality this series would not look dated at all. Wondered if there were any other fans of the series on here.

I also like some of the Cold War spy stuff. Just watched the Two BBC adaptions of John Le Carre's Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and Smiley's people with Alec Guinness leading a good cast of actors. Currently going through Callan, not onto series three, the first in colour. Some interesting stories and a great theme tune.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
'I am not a number, I am a FREE MAN!'

Great show...

fsFondx.gif

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I've always maintained that to understand The Prisoner you also had to have watched his previous series Danger Man.

"I am number 2"

"Who is number 1?"!

Stephen M

Author Level
It was during the filming of Dangerman that McGoohan first saw the Village in Portmeirion. Story editior, although credited as script editor for 13 episodes of the Prisoner, George Markstein always claimed Number 6 was former agent John Drake but McGoohan said he was not.

Markstein also worked on Callan.

Stephen M

Author Level
Amazing! Fingers crossed it all goes ahead, that sounds like great fun.
Unfortunately the Prisoner Convention was called off a few weeks ago, no surprise and sensible thing to do. Good thing was those of us who had already paid registration can have a refund or use it for the 2022 event. Hopefully I will get to that one.

In the meantime I shall have another binge-watch and try to do all 17 episodes in one go.