Once more, Into the Breach

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I make it no secret that I’m a huge fan of FTL and have spent hundreds of hours playing it. But I’m a also big admirer of Subset’s other game, Into the Breach. It’s one of the best strategy games ever made and everyone should play it.

Subset haven’t done anything new since then and have been maintaining radio silence for ages but they’ve just dropped some great news, Into the Breach is getting a load of free DLC to mix things up. And almost even better, the game is getting an iOS and Android release!

Releases on 19th July!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Okay, the game has been out on mobile for a few days with all the new content and I’ve got to say… it’s still ruddybloody brilliant. The controls are a great fit for a touchscreen but if you’ve got sausage fingers you might press the wrong grid square occasionally.

It seems to be the case that you can only get the game if you are subscribed to Netflix. Just searching for the game on the App Store didn’t let me locate it.

Open the Netflix app on your phone or tablet, scroll down until you find the Netflix games section and then tap on the icon for the game. That’ll take you to a screen where you can download it.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go and blast some more of the evil Vek back to their underground lair.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Honestly no, I love the idea of these games but I'm terrible at them and find them stressful

FTL was super fun but always found myself stressed instead of having fun

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Forgive my ignorance, but what does FTL stand for? Was it Faster Than Light?
That’s the one 👍
Honestly no, I love the idea of these games but I'm terrible at them and find them stressful

FTL was super fun but always found myself stressed instead of having fun
Worry not, brethren! It’s turn based so carries none of that ‘ohmygodwhatshappening’ stress that FTL does when the ship is disintegrating around you.

I find it to be quite a relaxed, cerebral bit of fun. You just have to approach it a bit like a game of chess, think about what’s going to happen and plan accordingly. There’s also an easy mode if you want a completely stress free experience (not like FTL where easy mode is still insanely difficult).

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That’s the one 👍

Worry not, brethren! It’s turn based so carries none of that ‘ohmygodwhatshappening’ stress that FTL does when the ship is disintegrating around you.

I find it to be quite a relaxed, cerebral bit of fun. You just have to approach it a bit like a game of chess, think about what’s going to happen and plan accordingly. There’s also an easy mode if you want a completely stress free experience (not like FTL where easy mode is still insanely difficult).
Fair enough might check it out, I find Xcom really fun the turn based nature of it really takes the edge off