Opinions On My Build

harrynic

Hi everyone!
Would love some opinions on this build.
Is there anything you would change?
Mainly going to be used for standard university work as well as a small amount of 3D CAD stuff.
What battery life should I expect? Having a good battery life (5+hours realistically) is important for me so I can use it all day/on long journeys.

15.6" COSMOS VIII
i7 Six Core Processor 9750H (2.6Hz, 4.5Hz Turbo)
16GB Corsair 2666MHz DDR4 (2 x 8GB)
GTX 1050, 3GB DDR5
250GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe
£986.00 inc. VAT

Thanks for taking the time to have a look, and I would love some feedback!!!

I have the recoil rtx III same cpu, 32gb and rtx 2060 6gb which has 3 cell 46kwh. this lasts max 1hour 30 with browsing internet. Any sort of cpu load reduces this, I might be able to squeeze and hour at best out of doing some after effects of cinema4d work. Think your battery is slightly larger (48kwh) gpu might not take as much out of battery. But I'd be surprised if you get any where near 5hours, half that if your lucky. Thats just from my experience with my machine though

harrynic

Yeah what you’re saying makes sense. I did a bit more research since posting this and less than 2 hours seems to be about right. Going to look elsewhere then. Thanks for replying!

to be honest I've used macbook pro 2015 for similar work and although when running just internet and small load apps you will get longer. using something like that for actual work it only has a small advantage in terms of battery life. good luck with your search