Opinions on this build?

I was wondering if you guys would be able to give some advice on this build, if there is any way to cut corners on cost whilst keeping it looking amazing, all feedback is appreciated!

Case
CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Eight Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.4GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)

down_right_arrow.gif
Get 3 Months of XBOX Game Pass for PC w/ select AMD Ryzen CPUs

down_right_arrow.gif
The Outer Worlds -OR- Borderlands 3 w/ select AMD Ryzen CPUs
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

down_right_arrow.gif
Get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with select NVIDIA GeForce RTX GPUs!
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
2nd Storage Drive
500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB ADATA SX6000 Pro PCIe M.2 2280 (2100 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 12 to 14 working days
Price: £1,810.00 including VAT and Delivery

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What's it to be used for?

What monitor are you pairing it with, what resolution and refresh or make and model if you're unsure?

What's your max budget?

What's it to be used for?

What monitor are you pairing it with, what resolution and refresh or make and model if you're unsure?

What's your max budget?

High Spec Gaming, max settings on games like ark, gta, with the occasional stream.
I'm pairing it with 2x MSI Optix MAG241C's and anAsus VG248QE, all 144hz at 1080p.
I'm also hoping to try VR with this setup.

Budget around £1500, stretching to £2,000.
The cheaper the better

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Swap the 760p out for the SX6000 and drop the thermal compound, not required with corsair coolers. I would re-visit your wireless card option as if you need wireless you're going to want 5Ghz. I would highly recommend a TXm PSU at minimum for a spec such as this. The VS series while competent aren't a patch on the TXm, also the TXm is modular which will only compliment the aesthetic.

Swap the 760p out for the SX6000 and drop the thermal compound, not required with corsair coolers. I would re-visit your wireless card option as if you need wireless you're going to want 5Ghz. I would highly recommend a TXm PSU at minimum for a spec such as this. The VS series while competent aren't a patch on the TXm, also the TXm is modular which will only compliment the aesthetic.

Why swap the 760p? Just to save money?
I've dropped the thermal compound.
I'm unsure about the wireless card? I'd be using ethernet so is it required?
I have changed to the 550W TXm Series.

I have updated the build in line with what is recommended.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Why swap the 760p? Just to save money?
The 760p at the 1TB capacity sits in a funny place. It's a lot more expensive than the SX6000, but games won't care a jot about the extra speed it offers. While it's still slower than the 970 Evo, so isn't really a premium drive either. It's not a very successful compromise as a product, at least at this pricing.

I'm unsure about the wireless card? I'd be using ethernet so is it required?
If you're using a wired connection (ethernet) drop the wifi card, you don't need it :)

Why this by the way:

1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
2nd Storage Drive
500GB Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB ADATA SX6000 Pro PCIe M.2 2280 (2100 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)

What are you putting on each drive? Why the 2 SSDs?

The 760p at the 1TB capacity sits in a funny place. It's a lot more expensive than the SX6000, but games won't care a jot about the extra speed it offers. While it's still slower than the 970 Evo, so isn't really a premium drive either. It's not a very successful compromise as a product, at least at this pricing.

If you're using a wired connection (ethernet) drop the wifi card, you don't need it :)

Why this by the way:

What are you putting on each drive? Why the 2 SSDs?
I'll drop the wifi card, thank you!
The m.2 will be the main drive partitioned into 250/750 mostly for operating system and then beefy games on the other

The 860 Evo will be used for programs, just to give them the quicker load time, things such as filezilla, etc.

Then the 2tb hdd just for generic crap lol

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Just stick to a single SSD. And you don't need to partition unless you take regular images of the OS? In which case, partition for OS + programs, and another for the games.

They will all be in use at one time.
All 3 in use specifically for gaming at once right? Not just gaming on 1, with desktop etc on the other.

In which case. consider going for an RTX 2080 Super for 3 x 1080p 144hz

Economies from sticking to 1 SSD, dropping the mobo to a B450, and potentially a less expensive CPU cooler like Cooler Master 240 Lite should go a long way to paying for that.

Just stick to a single SSD. And you don't need to partition unless you take regular images of the OS? In which case, partition for OS + programs, and another for the games.

All 3 in use specifically for gaming at once right? Not just gaming on 1, with desktop etc on the other.

In which case. consider going for an RTX 2080 Super for 3 x 1080p 144hz

Economies from sticking to 1 SSD, dropping the mobo to a B450, and potentially a less expensive CPU cooler like Cooler Master 240 Lite should go a long way to paying for that.
Is it worth downgrading all of that just for a 2080S? Or is the 2070S just as powerful?
Should I keep to a faster m.2 and partition it with just another SSD? Whilst removing the HDD?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You're trying to run 3 108pp monitors, so that's almost 4k resolution - and you have 144hz monitors which means you're trying to push high framerates. A 2080 Super is 15-20% more powerful than a 2070 Super and you need every last drop of performance you can get. You will want to buy the most powerful GPU you can realistically afford. As you can't realistically afford a 2080 ti, a 2080 Super it is. :)

As for downgrading, it's not much of a downgrade.

Are you really going to use those features on the X570 that you're paying £100 for? Probably not. The motherboard will make 0 difference to performance. So that's £100 towards a GPU.

The Coolermaster Lite 240 is £60 cheaper than the Platinum, and is way more than adequate to cool the CPU.

As for the SSD, a 500gb separate SSD for regular programs is just not needed. Put them on the 1TB SSD.

SSD storage is still expensive. 1TB of it is a lot. You can add more SSDs in the future if you really want, and doesn't waste any money to add something.

Frankly I wouldn't bother partitioning your 1TB SSD. Juggling things between multiple partitions and drives is generally more hassle than its worth.