Opinions?

bryzh

Hi guys. I've recently purchased the following PC for my son, looking to be playing games at 60fps on the higher end of graphic settings. It was done on a budget and I think It's very good value for money coming in at £800. The only let down I feel is the 2400mhz RAM but would like to know the thoughts by some of you more experienced builders out there.

Cheers!

CasePCS SPECTRUM RGB MID TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.2GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® PRIME B450-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.1, 6Gb/s) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 - HDMI, DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive240GB ADATA SU630 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
2nd Storage Drive480GB ADATA SU630 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingPCS FrostFlow 120 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired NetworkingWIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemNO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaNO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE

stegor

Bright Spark
Seems a decent build but high graphic settings will only be possible at 60 FPS in some games and only at 1080p. The choice of storage is a bit strange, the second drive would be better as a 1TB HDD and it's cheaper. Also the cooler is overkill. AMD's standard cooler would be fine for the 3600. With those savings you could have upgraded to a 1660 super or faster memory,

bryzh

Seems a decent build but high graphic settings will only be possible at 60 FPS in some games and only at 1080p. The choice of storage is a bit strange, the second drive would be better as a 1TB HDD and it's cheaper. Also the cooler is overkill. AMD's standard cooler would be fine for the 3600. With those savings you could have upgraded to a 1660 super or faster memory,

Yeah, sorry 1080p @ 60fps was the aim on the higher end if the scale. Storage option I went with a 240GB SSD Boot Drive to store Windows and other applications and the other SSD was only for games as HDD's seem to slow games down in terms of loading times etc. I have a spare 1TB HDD that I would install if needed for storage but as it's only going to be for his games I didn't bother with an HDD.

Indeed I think memory is the let down here also, thanks for your input buddy!

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If you've not received it yet you can amend the order.

I'd very, very strongly recommend faster RAM.

Also the storage choice doesn't make sense tbh. A 240gb SSD and a 500gb SSD. The logic might be "small SSD for OS, larger SSD for games" but all you're doing is giving yourself more drives to have to juggle things between and you'll struggle to use the space optimally as you don't want any one drive to be too full.

A single 1TB SSD, or a single 500gb SSD + 1TB HDD, would be much better.

A 550W PSU would give a lot more freedom for upgrade options and is ~£5 more.