Optimisation hasn't been touched I see!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I was disappointed to see that the latest Saints Row game was an Epic exclusive, but that was tempered when I saw just how crazy the required specs were. The game has finally launched on Steam, and the specs still absolutely nuts!

Capture.JPG

I don't even reach the recommended specs, so will not be buying it!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was disappointed to see that the latest Saints Row game was an Epic exclusive, but that was tempered when I saw just how crazy the required specs were. The game has finally launched on Steam, and the specs still absolutely nuts!

View attachment 38275

That's insane specs!!!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

View attachment 38275

the top comment on steam is

"The developers literally did everything fans told them not do to."

fair

HomerJ

Prolific Poster

View attachment 38275

just imagine how many watts you would need to run that game properly, seems overkill and devs need to think about reducing power consumption

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The world has gone the way of instant gratification. I don't know if we will ever turn the corner.

The LMG business model is a very recent example of this.

Who cares if it's right, get it out as fast as we can. We get paid 1p per view, more views = more growth.

Everything nowadays is built on paper mache foundations so it's not surprising. Culturally we are driving and accepting this way of life. It genuinely isn't the illuminate's fault. I don't blame any of the corporations involved, it's a big machine that they simply operate better than most to thrive through a hollow world.

Have you seen the newspaper feeds of late? FB is where I see them and they are all into absolute gutter press to get the quick clicks and advert links in. It's all part of the same global machine with everyone desperate to get their quick slice at the cost of any actual substance or quality.

There are more and more erroneous feeds being put up, simply to stir conversation and click bait. People are making fortunes from deliberately obtuse or antagonistic offerings.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The world has gone the way of instant gratification. I don't know if we will ever turn the corner.

The LMG business model is a very recent example of this.

Who cares if it's right, get it out as fast as we can. We get paid 1p per view, more views = more growth.

Everything nowadays is built on paper mache foundations so it's not surprising. Culturally we are driving and accepting this way of life. It genuinely isn't the illuminate's fault. I don't blame any of the corporations involved, it's a big machine that they simply operate better than most to thrive through a hollow world.

Have you seen the newspaper feeds of late? FB is where I see them and they are all into absolute gutter press to get the quick clicks and advert links in. It's all part of the same global machine with everyone desperate to get their quick slice at the cost of any actual substance or quality.

There are more and more erroneous feeds being put up, simply to stir conversation and click bait. People are making fortunes from deliberately obtuse or antagonistic offerings.
Very true, it's like the Pelotons and Ubers of the world, instantly go out at a global scale, initially promise the earth, then scale it back and make each option a subscription to increase revenue purely to appease investors.

It doesn't matter about longevity, get a few years with big bucks, pay huge dividends and bonuses, then as the bad press gets too much, just wrap it up and spin up another company.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
probably not a good sign when a game is already 67% off on steam on day of launch, i know it was released on epic first, but, seems the devs are like, yeah, its rubbish, here you go.