Optimus battery/connection problem?

Rikeshp

Hi there, I've had this laptop for a few years now and ive had some issues here and there but most of them have been resolved.
This new issue I have is that if i leave the laptop on charge overnight, the next day the laptop wont turn on. I'll switch it on, it'll be silent and then fan speeds go very high and then it just turns off. Fortunately, i found a fix for this was to take out the battery and hold the power button for a minute or so and then put the battery back in and turn it on. However, after I put the battery back in, I have to turn the laptop VERY slowly and turn it on and then VERY slowly put it down on a desk. If I nudge a little bit, it turns off and the same issue occurs as before where the fan speed goes loud.

I can't tell whether this is an issue with the battery itself or the connectivity between the battery and the rest of the unit and am unsure how to diagnose/fix this. I would just buy a new battery and try it out but don't wanna have to spend money on posting it back if it doesn't fix the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I'll try and carry out more tests.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi there, I've had this laptop for a few years now and ive had some issues here and there but most of them have been resolved.
This new issue I have is that if i leave the laptop on charge overnight, the next day the laptop wont turn on. I'll switch it on, it'll be silent and then fan speeds go very high and then it just turns off. Fortunately, i found a fix for this was to take out the battery and hold the power button for a minute or so and then put the battery back in and turn it on. However, after I put the battery back in, I have to turn the laptop VERY slowly and turn it on and then VERY slowly put it down on a desk. If I nudge a little bit, it turns off and the same issue occurs as before where the fan speed goes loud.

I can't tell whether this is an issue with the battery itself or the connectivity between the battery and the rest of the unit and am unsure how to diagnose/fix this. I would just buy a new battery and try it out but don't wanna have to spend money on posting it back if it doesn't fix the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I'll try and carry out more tests.
First thing you can try is to download HWMonitor and check the battery wear level:

That should help determine if it needs replacing.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If you remove the battery and run it just on the charger lead do you have to be as delicate with it?

Rikeshp

If you remove the battery and run it just on the charger lead do you have to be as delicate with it?
Nope, it works fine.
First thing you can try is to download HWMonitor and check the battery wear level:

That should help determine if it needs replacing.
Wear level is 19%

I've just shaked the laptop after putting the battery in and it works fine - it seems like the problem only occurs after the overcharging issue? Ive had the battery taken out for a while and just left in the charger lead because I dont want to have to do the fix everytime. Ill leave the battery in tonight on charge .

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It sounds very much like a battery issue then. I would look for a replacement battery.