Optimus II Questions

Bullseye

Hi there,

I am new to the forums and I have joined to ask some questions. I wrote 2 mails before joining the forums and I have not gotten any response at all.

The following questions are:

1.- Can I get a Spanish keyboard with my computer and if so how much would it be?
2.- Will there be another battery upgrade option (higher capacity) and when?
3.- Does the power supply come with European plug? (I think it has been answered here on the forums but I'd like to know anyways.
4.- Do you have any kind of discount for University Students?
5.- How much would shipping costs to Spain be?

Rakk

The Awesome
It would have been nice to get a reply explaining the possible options.

Remember it is late in the evening now, and although PCS people do look at the forums, it is now well out of hours :)
Also the forums are not an official channel for support.

Sometimes it can take a couple of days to get a response in emails, I believe PCS are very busy at the moment.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums Bullseye :)

If you sent an email to [email protected] you won't have received a reply unless you sent it before last Friday because we're currently 2 working days behind on our emails. The reason is because were not only very busy, but we have a call centre employee on maternity leave and another ill at the moment. Not great excuses but genuine ones - apologies for this.

1. We cannot supply a Spanish keyboard at present.
2. We have the 62.16WH batteries due in in around 3 days time.
3. We can supply a European plug no problem and free of charge. The adapter is 240V for your reference.
4. Unfortunately our prices are as keen as possible and we cannot offer any discounts for students.
5. Please contact us on 0844 499 4000 for a price for shipping to Spain. Please note however than the warranty service provided outside the UK is return-to-base and not collect-and-return.

Bullseye

Hi PCS,

I was mostly speaking about my first email which I wrote on September 11th, which I did not get any response to (and I did check my spam folder just in case). I did send an email on October 15th, and I kind of expected a faster reply (due to the reply I did not get from my first mail), but you have given me a reason for the latter mail (not the former one).

There are two things that are mainly setting me back, the payment method (wire transfer), which leaves me more unprotected and I don't feel as confident after what happened with the other company (not your fault).
And the second one being the warranty being limited. There should be no problem if the laptop is well built and everything is well checked and tested, prior to shipping (as the majority of laptop manufacturers claim), but who knows what might happen over time, and having to pay shipping to UK might increase the base price of the laptop and become more of a hassle than a useful service -due to waiting times-.

However the specs and the parts used are what's making me doubt and what they are keeping me here, so let me ask a couple of questions before I decide to move on:

1.- If you are not supplying a Spanish keyboard at present, would you be able to recommend an online retailer (official Clevo/Sager) or a place I could order it myself and I could install it myself?

2.- Could I ask for the quote by mail, or even more simple, could you give me an idea of the price I'd be adding to the base price? I just want to have an approximate number of the money it would cost to get it to my place. (It can also be by PM)

Welcome to our forums Bullseye :)

If you sent an email to [email protected] you won't have received a reply unless you sent it before last Friday because we're currently 2 working days behind on our emails. The reason is because were not only very busy, but we have a call centre employee on maternity leave and another ill at the moment. Not great excuses but genuine ones - apologies for this.

1. We cannot supply a Spanish keyboard at present.
2. We have the 62.16WH batteries due in in around 3 days time.
3. We can supply a European plug no problem and free of charge. The adapter is 240V for your reference.
4. Unfortunately our prices are as keen as possible and we cannot offer any discounts for students.
5. Please contact us on 0844 499 4000 for a price for shipping to Spain. Please note however than the warranty service provided outside the UK is return-to-base and not collect-and-return.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I can understand your concerns about shipping costs if you had to send it back from Spain. All components have a failure rate but if a single component fails, and we can identify that over the phone, we could simply exchange components rather than having to return the whole laptop. These are all "ifs and buts" regardless - the chances of failure are low. With regards to paying by bank transfer - I can assure you that we're not going to disappear overnight - we're an expanding company and you are more than welcome to download our company accounts from www.companieshouse.gov.uk to see verification.

1. I sent an enquiry to Clevo and all being well we can source a Spanish keyboard for you. I will confirm this before you place an order.

2. We can email you a quote with the delivery charges to Spain included. Before I can send this though though I need you to save a quote on our website using the same email address as your forum email address.

FYI the 62.16WH batteries are now in stock. :)

Bullseye

Thanks for the reply.

I have saved a quote (with the new battery) on the same email as the one here.

Also, if you can add to the quote the European plug you said so I could see how the final order looks.

Will be waiting for the quote.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Ok - please leave this with me, we will get back to you shortly (Monday hopefully) with a final price including Spanish keyboard and power plug.

EDIT: I have sent you a quotation including delivery to Spain, Spanish keyboard and power cord.

Last edited: