Optimus II Sound Quality

brightan

I've been looking at the Optimus II pictures and the speakers appear to be underneath the chassis. As I'd want to watch DVD/Blurays on this, I'd be interested to hear what people think of the sound quality for this laptop. It's billed as a "high-end multimedia" so I would expect the sound to be okay (although of course it is still a laptop). We often watch DVDs on our current laptop in bed which strikes me would muffle speakers that were positioned like that even more as they'd be resting on a duvet. Any thoughts?

cb1173

Silver Level Poster
Hi, the speakers on the Optimus II are underneath the laptop. It is in my opinion the only problem with the laptop. (and no backlit keyboard). The sound is very quiet.
An example is if i am on my laptop and my partner is on hers sitting next to me, If she has her volume on 50%, i would have to put mine on 100% and then i can only just hear it.
If you are going to rest it on a duvet i dont think you would hear anything and also i think you would have a posibility of overheating as the laptop draws cool air from underneath aswell.
Other than that they are a great laptop and would recommend.

brightan

Thanks for the replies - very useful. Unfortunately I think the speakers may be a deal breaker. It's a pity as I really like the Optimus II in all other ways although I realise I am trying to find the perfect laptop that does everything! Maybe I just need to buy two laptops... :)

Tehmoe

Gold Level Poster
Speakers are actual really poor on this laptop, I personally use headphones so its not a problem for me but if you want to use speaks I would maybe look at the xps L502 they come with some of the best on laptops and can get similar specs as optimus II, with a weaker grapahics card 540 on dell vs 555 on optimus but you get better speakers so that migt be more improtant too you.