Optimus III Pictures!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
So got my new laptop today! its flipping lovely! It boots to windows including poppin a password in 25 seconds!

Specs

- Optimus Series: 15.6" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
- Intel® Core™i5 Dual Core Mobile Processor i5-3320M (2.60GHz) 3MB
- 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M - 1.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
- 60GB Corsair Force GT SSD
- 500GB SEAGATE MOMENTUS XT HYBRID, SATA 3 Gb/s, (7200rpm)**SPECIAL**
- 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
- Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
- ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
- Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
-GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ADVANCED-N 6235 (300Mbps) + BLUETOOTH

SDC11118.JPG

SDC11119.JPG

SDC11121.JPG

SDC11122.JPG

SDC11124.JPG

SDC11127.JPG

SDC11128.JPG

SDC11129.JPG

SDC11130.JPG

SDC11132.JPG

tom_gr7

Life Serving
thanks Rubensolo,

I left the plastic cover on, just to protect the shell. Make its look glossy, but its matt black.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
haha lol, when I do (or she does) will take another photo for just for you.

temps wise, I aint really looked, but I like how you can switch to Intel 4000 when not doing anything demanding.

Also anyone know of any decent notebook coolers? a matt black one would be good, I don't doubt the cooling of the laptop, more just to raise it up so air can circulate when she's sat with it on her lap.

Reactions: PCS

liamdawe

Thanks for the pics, I have a box sitting at home containing that unit, can't wait to play with it when i get home from work :D

Looks pretty good.

wenor

hi i got an optimus 3 on my own as well...havent touched it yet although beacause it was delivered to my sister.......
today i go a cooler master notepal e1....... i have only tried it on my netbook and its perfecect, about 15-20C down and its realy quiet..........
i got it for 17euros in greece...a pretty good price

p.s. wow how many ... did i used? :p

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Great photos. Any chance of a comment on what the sound is like from the speakers

Just listening to a bit of nightwish, sounds pretty good although not too strong on the bass though. however, does sound good. Its quite loud for a laptop I think.

The speakers are on the bottom, so the sound will reflect off what ever surface you place the laptop on.

wenor

it used to be silent but i changed it because it was borring :p forgot to change the description....
and i got my optimus 3! it rocks :D the cooler fits perfectly under it, i havent checked the temp differnce yet but im pretty sure that it is fair enough..
52c gpu
40c hdd
55-60c temp 1 thats after one game on league of legeneds on ultras.... using the cooler
35-40 cpu

petrow

Gold Level Poster
I've been trying to get hold of the new CM Storm Notepal with the USB 3.0. Overclockers UK is out of stock and no one else in the country seem to sell them... *sad* :(

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I've been trying to get hold of the new CM Storm Notepal with the USB 3.0. Overclockers UK is out of stock and no one else in the country seem to sell them... *sad* :(

I'm trying to get hold of a good one too! the only one I really fancy is a zalman 17.3 inch one!

petrow

Gold Level Poster
I'm trying to get hold of a good one too! the only one I really fancy is a zalman 17.3 inch one!

I emailed OCUK and they said they don't know when or if they will be getting stock in. I got a Zalman NC3000U to do the job until they restock.

TheEnglishRose

Hey, I'm about to configure and purchase one of these for myself. My customisation is pretty much identical to yours (but without the 60GB SSD). Before I do, I wanted to know how well you are running games and if you have had any troubles with it as of yet. If you could reply to this soon I'd appreciate it ;)