Optimus III + Various Scary Issues

lewim1607

Hello,

I've had my Optimus III for around 7 months now and am generally happy with its performance etc.
However I have recently had a number of issues that seem to be of increasing severity:

1) The laptop runs extremely hot. I play WoW on the lowest possible settings on the laptops native resolution but constantly top 85-100 degrees when playing and go higher than this on more demanding games (which I've stopped playing). These temperatures are with a cooling stand.
2) At random times over the last 3-4 days, generally spread out, the laptop makes a crackling sound (sort of sounds like something spinning and catching on something) and there is the odd beep from within the laptop. I thought the motherboard beeped when something was wrong and read that the crackling could be the hardrive. Obviously I don't want it suddenly dying on me and so this is scaring me.
3) Today, after shutting down the laptop as normal, I turned it on and it got stuck on the "Welcome" screen directly after I put in my password to log in. It has stayed like this for 15-20mins and so have been turning it off via the power button. However, it does start in Safe Mode and so assume that the problem cant be caused by anything physical within the laptop or any basic software but I haven't changed anything recently with regards to software.

I suppose what I'm looking for really is for the laptop to be fixed as I cant see these issues being fixable with me plus some fancy program or something (I'm no computer whiz as you can see). I understand that laptops will get hotter but running at these temps cant be good and cant help but feel that these issues are due to the laptop being unable to take the heat/stress (the laptop itself isn't used a massive amount)

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Lewim1607

Adli

Enthusiast
for a start i would clean your laptop out, most cases of overheating in laptops are caused by dust-buildup.