Optimus IV laptop experiencing Blue Screen when gaming

SirTeddy

Hello, I've had this laptop for about a year and a half now. When gaming my fan goes crazy and my laptop starts to hover. Then i get a blue screen and boom.

Errors are as follows:

STOP: 0X00000116 (0XFFFFFA80076744E0.0XFFFFF8800FA3D0DC.0FFFFFFFFC000009A.0X0000000000000004 )

nvlddmkm.sys - Address FFFFF8800FA3D0DC base at FFFFF8800F09A000. Datestamp 52b326bc

Last edited:

izzyy

Its a graphics failure, try updating your drivers thats what nvlddmkm.sys is. But its failing

SirTeddy

I've tried that already, but it keeps happening. I would completely uninstall the drivers and re-install the latest ones without any luck.

T

TheGeeza

Might be worth cleaning it with some compressed air. What are your temps like at idle and while gaming?

SirTeddy

I've taken it apart to clean/check for hardware damage and it's all clean.

Idle temps for CPU are 63C and for GPU it's 41C. While gaming both CPU and GPU go up to about 75C; with the CPU maxing at 82C and GPU maxing at 86C.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This might sound daft but it might be worth updating the Intel iGPU driver, I believe the iGPU is involved even when the NVIDIA dGPU is doing all the work. The easiest way to get the right driver is to use the Intel Driver Update Utility at http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect, it would be worth updating the chipset driver too if there is a later version.

SirTeddy

okay, ill give this a go and see what happens.

Edit: My laptop still sound unhealthy, temps were fine but the fan is still going crazy. Will test for blue screen later when i play CS:Go.

Edit: Still getting the blue screen after testing. I also noticed that its the right side that gets hot. can it be a hardware problem?

Last edited: