Optimus IV possible HDD problem

AngelKonna

Hi, i've send an email yesterday in enquiries, but I'll post it here too, because I got no answer, and it happened again:

"Hello,

I ordered a laptop from you which I received on 14th November (order number 499945) and ever since it has been working really fine.
Some days ago and without profound reason, there were some warning messages from windows reporting that there is a damage on my hard drive and that I should immediately back up my files so that I don't lose anything. This message appeared three different times and then stopped, whereas nothing else worrying happened. However yesterday my laptop froze completely (needed hard-button shutdown) twice, although both of the times it was operating just a notepad window and an internet browser (The second time was only 5-10 mins after the first). Could you advice me on what I should do about it? It's quite worrying, because, if this keeps happening, there is a high chance of losing important data while I am working.
Is there any problem with the HDD? And if there is, is it covered by my warranty?"

Since the email, today my laptop has frozen more than 5 times.
I searched and found a HDD monitor program and it gave me this:
http://i.imgur.com/tfpPP.png

Thank you.

Pagey

Bright Spark
You will NEED to backup important data, because either way you will need to do something with that hard drive. That's the important bit.

Secondly: considering the problem, you're better off phoning them tomorrow and they'll guide you through anything you need. They'll also be better equipped to answer the problem of it being covered by a warranty.

Try using the "Speccy" software, might give bit more detailed info.

I just checked the info from my drive and it differs quite a bit from yours, mine has been in use for a very long time, but I'm not sure in which way is better.