Optimus IV - Reason for lack of stock?

LinearLux

Bronze Level Poster
Hey all.

I was just interested in why there was a lack of stock for the Optimus IV chassis', any ideas? Perhaps it's just such a loved system... haha.

Sonny

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
It was very popular. The ordering of chassis is done 3 months in advance i think and so they couldnt forsee the popularity.

moorw003

It was very popular. The ordering of chassis is done 3 months in advance i think and so they couldnt forsee the popularity.

Indeed. This model only came out at the end of August, and sold out 3 months stock in 1 month. The reason is pretty simply... I was sniffing around when the Optimus 3 was about thinking of purchasing because it was a good spec. But the improvements to the graphics chip, battery, chassis and sound for basically the same price made it an absolute no brainer.

This probably represents the best bang for your buck on PCS laptop wise and people are lapping it up. PCS are clearly surprised by the demand, but I'm not! :D

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
My only problem with it is that I've only now found out the GPU can't be upgraded.. Oh well, I'm sure it'll be great anyway.