Optimus iv temperature worries

alex76

Hi

I had some sound glitching problems that were present through headphones, the built in speakers and my usb speakers. I took a look at the temps and the laptop mainboard is 67 degrees Celsius idle. This is much higher than my desktop computer which is usually about 28 degrees. I have cleaned the laptop but am still getting the same temps. The sound issue has resolved itself but should I worry about my laptop overheating because I play games on it quite a lot.

Thanks

Alex

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hi

I had some sound glitching problems that were present through headphones, the built in speakers and my usb speakers. I took a look at the temps and the laptop mainboard is 67 degrees Celsius idle. This is much higher than my desktop computer which is usually about 28 degrees. I have cleaned the laptop but am still getting the same temps. The sound issue has resolved itself but should I worry about my laptop overheating because I play games on it quite a lot.

Thanks

Alex

are you using a laptop cooler? what are the temps of your gpu?

Jamie0202

Enthusiast
I have an Optimus V and I'm sitting at 47C semi-idle (not gaming). I know you say you've cleaned the laptop but have you opened it up to clear the usual carpet of fur which builds up between the fan and the heatsink?