Optimus Prime Laptop haha OptimusXI-pro-17

KeaFur

Laptop has only frozen twice in the 10 days I've had it but I think that's down to teething.

There is no function lock so you will need to always hold in the function key to adjust the volume or brightness, really hope they add this to later models.

The laptop won't work with a XBOX-360 controller plugged in so make sure you have an XBOX ONE controller to connect wirelessly to play on a controller.

There is practically no bloatware so you don't need to spend time cleaning up the laptop.

The fans do run noisy even on the silent setting but not really a problem at all.

Make sure you activate Nvidea in order to use the graphics card.

I've moved over 14GB of files (all my files from school, university, home life and work) and 14 games but only used 390 GB of space (563GB left). So if you run this laptop more cleanly you can manage with a 1-1.5 TB SSD over a 2TB, but can always just take it out and put it in your new one when you move over I guess.

Screen does have a flicker when I am watching something and move the controller over the paused image, maybe its just the higher refresh rate? Like when you point a camera at a screen.

I've not gotten a hold on how long the battery lasts really ye but they said it should be around 4 hours.
Having the 17inch is so much nicer than 15inch, everything is just wider and I can view stuff easier and games are nicer too.

Speakers are alright, around volume 80 is equal to my 2013 laptop volume 100.

Keyboard feels solid with separate keys.
HDMI cable is at the back so make sure you have the space.
The blue USB ports are USB 3.0. They are very stiff at the start, I was scared of breaking it and still hesitant now. Wish they put one USB 3 on the left and one on the right because I don't want my mouse by my External HDD.

Hook it up with an 8K HDMI cable for £10 from amazon and use Windows+P to set the screen to TV only and you can play on the big screen.

pc4.jpg
pc3.jpg
pc2.jpg
pc.jpg

F1 = Sleep/hibernate mode
F2 = Windows Lock/on
F3 = Display Mode
F4 = toggle Wi-Fi on/off
F5 = toggle trackpad on/off
F6 = Keyboard backlight off/dim
F7 = Keyboard backlight on/brighter
F8 = Mute volume
F9 = Volume down
F10 = Volume up
F11 = Screen Brightness down
F12 = Screen Brightness up

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Laptop has only frozen twice in the 10 days I've had it but I think that's down to teething.
Did you run Windows Update as soon as you got it? Freezing is not normal and there are no teething issues - it should work straight out of the box.

What were you doing at the time of the freezes? Is there anything of interest in the event log?

Bhuna50

Author Level
When you say “freezes” do you mean stutters or locks up and you have to turn off and back on again?

My Optimus has slightly ‘stuttered’ mouse movement / in game a little a couple of times but narrowed that down to using a Bluetooth mouse and when I wired it up I haven’t had that since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk