Optimus Pro XI RTX 2060 driver problem

neogate

Hi , thanks for your replies and advices. after formating everything and did a clean install with windows 10 media creator 2004, I still have the same issue with rtx drivers. I will try to do the same with windows 10 1909. for my laptop (GK5Mr0O +I7-10875h+RTX2060), there is no new driver available

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi , thanks for your replies and advices. after formating everything and did a clean install with windows 10 media creator 2004, I still have the same issue with rtx drivers. I will try to do the same with windows 10 1909. for my laptop (GK5Mr0O +I7-10875h+RTX2060), there is no new driver available
Where are you looking for drivers? If it's not in your downloads section then you need to contact PCS for them to upload it to your account.

Don't revert to 1909, that's not a solution.

neogate

Hi, thanks for your reply. I used all drivers from tech support->download. last update for all drivers is august 13rd

neogate

I try to revert in 1909, but you're right spydertracks, i've got the same issue with rtx 2060 drivers.

I also try to edit the nvt.inf from 451.67 you sent me but it didn't work

my hardware ID is
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F15&SUBSYS_10971D05
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F15&SUBSYS_10971D05&REV_A1

In the nvt.inf, under the line
[Manufacturer]
%NVIDIA_A% = NVIDIA_Devices,NTamd64.10.0...17098

I Added :
%NVIDIA_DEV.1F15.1097.1D05% = Section019, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F15&SUBSYS_10971D05

and,Under the line
[Strings]
DiskID1 = "NVIDIA Windows 10 (64 bit) Driver Library Installation Disk 1"

I Added
NVIDIA_DEV.1F15.1097.1D05="NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060"

it didn't worked and I always have an error 43, I'm desperate :(

Last edited:

Guuma

I try to revert in 1909, but you're right spydertracks, i've got the same issue with rtx 2060 drivers.

I also try to edit the nvt.inf from 451.67 you sent me but it didn't work

my hardware ID is
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F15&SUBSYS_10971D05
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F15&SUBSYS_10971D05&REV_A1

In the nvt.inf, under the line
[Manufacturer]
%NVIDIA_A% = NVIDIA_Devices,NTamd64.10.0...17098

I Added :
%NVIDIA_DEV.1F15.1097.1D05% = Section019, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F15&SUBSYS_10971D05

and,Under the line
[Strings]
DiskID1 = "NVIDIA Windows 10 (64 bit) Driver Library Installation Disk 1"

I Added
NVIDIA_DEV.1F15.1097.1D05="NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060"

it didn't worked and I always have an error 43, I'm desperate :(

If you downloaded nvidia driver from nvidia website, then instead of editing file "nvt.inf" edit "nvcvi.inf" file. After editing file run installer with Disabled Signature Enforcement.

neogate

Hi Guuma thanks for your help.
I did the editing on nvci.inf and disabling signature but nothing change. RTX is not detected by any 3D app or game, and the error43 is still here in device manager .
I talked with SAV, I will return the laptop.
I noticed other electric problems, the battery dicreases of 20% in 10mn ( i was just on internet), and sometimes I had weird unstable values changes ( decrease to 30%, then increase at 50%, and re-decrease).
I think nvidia driver is not really the issue, but more a conflict between intel driver and the motherboard.
intel driver& and support assistant is not detecting well all drivers needed, so it can be Power management , PCI express, Intel UHD, or network card issue. I tried many ways for finding and installing drivers but it never worked.

Just to let you know, I received my Laptop on the 28/08/20 and went straight into device manager, clicked on display adaptor, clicked on properties for the 2060 and selected update driver. No problems, driver updated. Then I downloaded and installed Geforce experience and let it do its thing and away I went. No fuss, no hassles. Hope this helps anyone.

Guuma

Just to let you know, I received my Laptop on the 28/08/20 and went straight into device manager, clicked on display adaptor, clicked on properties for the 2060 and selected update driver. No problems, driver updated. Then I downloaded and installed Geforce experience and let it do its thing and away I went. No fuss, no hassles. Hope this helps anyone.
and on which driver version are you on?

Guuma

Well then, you are on the oldest version compatible with this chasis. Check your download section, there is updated driver (451.67), and on nvidia website current driver is 452.06.

I checked and in geforce experience it says it is up to date with latest driver showing 442.94. You are right though. I have been away for over a week and have not used it, ands now see this 452.06 online.

FerrariVie

Super Star
Being on the lastest available updated version from Nvidia will not make much of a difference, even if you're 1 or 2 versions behind it should be fine in most cases. The exception is when your game is on the changes log with a bug fix on a newer driver.

This issue will get solved eventually and you will be able to update it on par with everyone else.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Being on the lastest available updated version from Nvidia will not make much of a difference, if you're 1 or 2 versions behind it should be fine in most cases. The exception is when your game is on the changes log with a bug fix on a newer driver.

This issue will get solved eventually and you will be able to update it on par with everyone else.
Exactly. Drivers don't need updating unless you're having a problem with the device or the updated driver provides new features that you need.

I have no idea what's new in the Nvidia 452.06 driver nor even what's new in the PCS 451.67 driver, compared to the 442.94 version that @RichardHobbs826 has installed, but unless the newer versions fix a problem that @RichardHobbs826 is having (or might run into) or they introduce features that @RichardHobbs826 actually needs then the driver he's running is perfect.

To be honest, the Nvidia driver listed in the device manager is the important one and that is up to date. that is the important one. The workstations I build for companies don't get anything other than that installed and haven't had any problems or complaints in the 6 years I have been building and servicing them. I am having zero... repeat zero issues in any of the games I currently play on this laptop. that list is Ark, Destiny 2, The division 2, Warframe, and Civilization VI. So I have nothing to complain about.