Optimus Pro XI RTX 2060 driver problem

Guuma

Hello there, I'm happy owner of the Optimus XI Pro laptop with Ryzen 4800H and RTX 2060 and here is the thing; I can install driver delivered by PCS without any problems, but the one they have included in download section is outdated, so I've tried to install official driver from Nvidia website but installation is giving me error that my driver is not compatible with current system. I've tried to install multiple versions including desktop graphics driver, but the same thing is showing every single time. I've also tried to install new graphics driver through Geforce Experience, but this one is showing that my graphics driver is up to date. Finally I have managed to install driver by adding missing vendor ID in inf file in unpacked geforce driver. Is there any solution to this problem or will I have to modify configuration file every single time? Would bios update of the motherboard could fix this?
BTW, I've sent email to pcs but they didn't heleped me.

Guuma

Unfortunatelly this solution doesn't work, because current vendor id doesn't even exist in dch/standard drivers.
I had to download Xtreme G Nvidia driver and add a line under:

[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0...17098]
%NVIDIA_DEV.1F15.1100.1D05% = Section019, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F15&SUBSYS_11001D05

and under Strings section

NVIDIA_DEV.1F15.1100.1D05 = "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060"

in "nvtfi.inf" to succesfully install driver

And to do that I had to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement, to make it work.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Unfortunatelly this solution doesn't work, because current vendor id doesn't even exist in dch/standard drivers.
I had to download Xtreme G Nvidia driver and add a line under:

[NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0...17098]
%NVIDIA_DEV.1F15.1100.1D05% = Section019, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F15&SUBSYS_11001D05

and under Strings section

NVIDIA_DEV.1F15.1100.1D05 = "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060"

in "nvtfi.inf" to succesfully install driver

And to do that I had to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement, to make it work.
???

Did you uninstall the driver with DDU?

Guuma

GPU => Nvidia (in safe mode)
I've also disabled automatic installation of drivers through windows update.

Guuma

Yes, I've tried both DCH and Standard driver from nvidia website, but both have failed during installation, I've also tried to update driver using geforce experience , which has showed me that current installed version (442) is up to date.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes, I've tried both DCH and Standard driver from nvidia website, but both have failed during installation, I've also tried to update driver using geforce experience , which has showed me that current installed version (442) is up to date.
But that's what I'm saying, did you first uninstall the driver with ddu and any geforce experience or nvidia control panel?

You won't be able to install any driver until the current one is uninstalled as they'll conflict.

Guuma

And that's what I did, I've uninstalled driver using ddu, control panel, geforce exerience and after that I've tried to install driver dch first which has failed and the standard and this one failed as well

Guuma

I've even tried doing this on fresh install of windows and I can't install any geforce driver without edititing it first.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've even tried doing this on fresh install of windows and I can't install any geforce driver without edititing it first.
Very odd indeeed. I'll report this back to PCS, I don't really understand why the vendor ID wouldn't be in the driver as works fine on other chassis from the same vendor.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's my first time using laptop from pcs and the laptop is working perfectly fine even with this issue, but this is odd indeed.
Thanks very much for pointing this out and how you worked around it, I've raised it with their team and I'll report back to let you know what they say. This obviously needs to be addressed by the chassis manufacturer, pretty gaping hole!

mato200

@SpyderTracks I got the same laptop 3 days ago and tried to install latest nvidia drivers, and have the same problem as Guuma.
Only workaround is disableing driver signature enforcement and modifying .ini files in driver install directory.

jaceroo

Thanks very much for pointing this out and how you worked around it, I've raised it with their team and I'll report back to let you know what they say. This obviously needs to be addressed by the chassis manufacturer, pretty gaping hole!

Is there any update on this? I received a 2060 laptop today and am unable to install the latest drivers.