Optimus Pro XI (Ryzen/2060 Config)

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
Well let the long wait begin.

Having missed out on the Optimus Pro XI (Ryzen/2060 config) last time and have been waiting for the 1st November for it to be back in stock. Have been checking daily to see if the date changes, today it did and not in a good way - 10th November. However PCS are now allowing pre-orders so the following has just gone in - am thinking that it will probably sell out again and did not fancy risking waiting till it actually does come in.

Chassis & Display
Optimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen™ 7 Eight Core Processor 4800H (2.9GHz, 4.2GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 3 in 1 Card Reader (Full Size SD / SDHC / SDXC)
AC Adaptor
1 x 180W AC Adaptor
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

Will do a full review when it "finally" arrives sometime in November and I get to retire an 8 year old Vortex laptop.

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
Well the wait is nearly over.

Expecting to wait for the 10th just for them to arrive with PCS, the container with the chassis in arrived early and woke this morning to the email we all love to see "awaiting dispatch".

I must say that PCS have clearly pulled out all the stops as these arrived on the 3rd given the ETA message was still showing on the configurator until mid-afternoon.

Email timings are as follows if it helps anyone:

Into Build: 03/11 @ 15:44
Into Test: 04/11 @ 10:34
Into Dispatch: 05/11 @ 00:36

Timing could not be better as after the latest Photoshop update both my computer and laptop can no longer run the software. (Good job the AMD launch is today, 2pm order for new desktop goes in and then that wait can begin)

Attachments

• PCS.PNG
    PCS.PNG
    14.5 KB · Views: 133