Optimus runs cool but fan on most of the time

Ticktock

Hi all, unlike many here my Optimus 17" runs very cool ( i5 2430m, ssd drive, 4gb memory, mx3 thermal compound, 62.16Wh battery). Hovers around 35deg but the problem is the fans on most of the time blowing out cool air (25deg). It's a shame cos when the fans off it's completely quiet-which is what I was trying to achieve. It seems to cut in far to quickly and stays on until well below 30deg before switching off. Is there any way I can a) reduce the fan speed or b) alter when the fan kicks in an out?
Regards

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
only safe ways to reduce speed is to reduce pressure on parts make sure you are on integrated graphics when not gaming and perhaps try a program like gamebooster which may relieve your CPU slightly from producing more heat

Ticktock

only safe ways to reduce speed is to reduce pressure on parts make sure you are on integrated graphics when not gaming and perhaps try a program like gamebooster which may relieve your CPU slightly from producing more heat

Thanks Wozza365 the problem is that the fan comes in when only surfing and on internal graphics (uma mode) with no stressing at all.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
well the thing is that you have to have constant airflow. Is it really that bad, you should hear mine when im browsing right now its like a jet