Optimus V - Headphone Issue

Nbz

I ordered a custom Optimus V laptop a couple of weeks ago, and it arrived last week. Everything has been fine with it so far aside from this issue I am having with the audio coming out of the headphone jack.

I really don't know why the speakers and headphones have been separated as audio devices, as in my previous laptops and desktops you just plug in a pair of headphones and they work without you having to change the default device. However, with this setup, I have to change the default if I want audio to come out of the headphones.

There is a problem though. Whenever I plug in the headphones just after booting up, everything works fine as long as they are set to the default. However, as soon as I put the laptop to sleep and wake it up again, suddenly no sound comes out of the headphones, even when they are set to default. The same thing happens after I plug in my USB headset. As soon as I take it out and try to switch over to my normal headphones, no sound comes out of them. I have tried looking into VIA HD audio, which seems to be the make of the soundcard that I have installed, but haven't had much luck. Anyone know how to solve this issue?