Optimus V Nvidia Geforce 765M driver won't install

arevell

I purchased the Optimus V laptop and have been installing the required drivers. However when I try to install the VGA driver it says an error "this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" and then the next stage is Nvidia VGA driver, which then says "an intel driver must be installed first"

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

arevell

I am on windows 7 ultimate.
I received 2 cds with the drivers on. They appear to be the same, although one cd doesn't work.

step 1) install chipset - complete
step 2) install VGA - error message " this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software"
step 3) install nvidia VGA - error message "please install intel driver" (step 2)

arevell

Many thanks for that intel driver. It seems to have worked and I am now installing nvidia driver. Thank you.

arevell

this lets me install the driver, but afterwards none of my usb ports work. Without the driver installed, 2 of 3 of the usb ports work.

TheGSL

Silver Level Poster
Yeah, I had similar problems with the usb 3 drivers not working. Eventually I had to use the old 'have disk' trick in windows 7 at the time in order to force the os to install the intel drivers for the usb ports to make them work and function as usb 3, but it worked in the end.