Optimus V - Review Model Ram Upgrade

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
PCS do upgrades, login to your account on the main page, navigate to your order and click on upgrades. That way you'll be sure of getting the right RAM. :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
They may not sell RAM upgrades for older models, they didn't with my desktop or I think the laptop I bought last time I looked.

maxbor

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks will look into that and see if it is the same model on Amazon (have prime so makes sense).

Just out of interest can I fit an m.2 drive to this chassis?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Bear in mind that some RAM, even where it appears to be the same mode, is actually slightly different and may not be compatible. The die used or something? However, you may be able to return it depending on the store's policy.

What is the Clevo chassis model? It will say underneath the laptop.

maxbor

Bronze Level Poster
Bear in mind that some RAM, even where it appears to be the same mode, is actually slightly different and may not be compatible. The die used or something? However, you may be able to return it depending on the store's policy.

What is the Clevo chassis model? It will say underneath the laptop.

From memory it is the W230SS (860m graphics card model)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I don't believe there's a speed difference between Sata and mSata? An 850 Evo would be just as fast in its mSata flavour as its 2.5" Sata III flavour.

The 850 Evo is about as fast as it gets for non-PCIe SSDs.

maxbor

Bronze Level Poster
I don't believe there's a speed difference between Sata and mSata? An 850 Evo would be just as fast in its mSata flavour as its 2.5" Sata III flavour.

The 850 Evo is about as fast as it gets for non-PCIe SSDs.

Thank you very much for your help Oussebon. I've cancelled the order for the 960 and will hopefully find an 850 evo msata at a decent price.

Thanks again.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I believe it is the mSata that you need. A laptop that old wouldn't have m.2, and the manual says it has mSata.

If you want to satisfy yourself you could always take the back cover of the laptop off and check that the mSata slot is indeed easily accessible and that this is indeed what it has. You'll have to do that when installing anyway. :)