Optimus VIII, keyboard and trackpad problem

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What key is it to go to boot menu? Turned laptop off and on and mashed f1 f2 esc f8 and f12 and none of them worked? Maybe because I'm doing it via external keyboard it isnt connected in time? I tried via laptop too but maybe because some keys aren't working it won't let me?
You boot into the BIOS from windows, go to start, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, then you want to do a uefi boot.

Rikeshp

You boot into the BIOS from windows, go to start, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, then you want to do a uefi boot.
Thanks, also just noticed, my keyboard is working now? I have no idea why as after I did the reinstall it didnt work but I just went on a keyboard test website and it worked fine, however, trackpad issue still remains

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks, also just noticed, my keyboard is working now? I have no idea why as after I did the reinstall it didnt work but I just went on a keyboard test website and it worked fine, however, trackpad issue still remains
so you've reinstalled windows?

Rikeshp

so you've reinstalled windows?
When i mentioned before I did a reinstall but it wasn't from a USB boot, it was just running the media tool/creating a virtual boot drive and then installed windows and deleted the old one. But what I'm also thinking is I've put the battery in now and before it wasn't in so maybe something to do with that? I'll do some more testing. What I've noticed on the trackpad, I have to press REally hard to get some areas to work.

EDIT: the keys that are working now have once again stopped working

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When i mentioned before I did a reinstall but it wasn't from a USB boot, it was just running the media tool/creating a virtual boot drive and then installed windows and deleted the old one. But what I'm also thinking is I've put the battery in now and before it wasn't in so maybe something to do with that? I'll do some more testing. What I've noticed on the trackpad, I have to press REally hard to get some areas to work.

EDIT: the keys that are working now have once again stopped working
Until you reinstall windows, I can’t give any advice, it’s pointless troubleshooting at the moment.

Rikeshp

Yes, you want to do a custom install.
Okay did the custom install, it didn't fix the issue.

What i have realised is that when i press on the top right of the trackpad, the letters work again so I'm thinking it's a connectivity issue. This means that there will be no repair costs in installing new parts right? And I won't be charged labour as I have labour warranty.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay did the custom install, it didn't fix the issue.

What i have realised is that when i press on the top right of the trackpad, the letters work again so I'm thinking it's a connectivity issue. This means that there will be no repair costs in installing new parts right? And I won't be charged labour as I have labour warranty.
Have you installed the drivers? It won't work until you have.

Sorry, just saw what you said about letters working when you press on the trackpad.... that does sound like a hardware issue then.

Which warranty did you order? If you have labour warranty only then that doesn't cover parts, just the labour.

Rikeshp

Have you installed the drivers? It won't work until you have.

Sorry, just saw what you said about letters working when you press on the trackpad.... that does sound like a hardware issue then.

Which warranty did you order? If you have labour warranty only then that doesn't cover parts, just the labour.
Yeah but right now it just seems like a connectivity issue with the keyboard at least so I can rule out having to pay parts for that, I'll tighten up screws and see what happens. as for trackpad, that might need a new part

Rikeshp

Any idea where I can get control centre and associated drivers? I've got intel and gpu drivers but not sure where to find correct clevo drivers

Rikeshp

It won't be corrupt, what are you using to extract it?

What's the clevo model of your laptop, it will be on the underside on a label?
Nvm i think it's just i was downloading an older version and that was corrupt. Msinfo32 says n85_n87 hj hj1 hk1, think i've got the right one.

Rikeshp

Hi, I've had this issue for a while(check my last thread) and finally came around to try and fix it.
I fixed my keyboard issue by reseating the keyboard connector but I'm not sure how to fix the trackpad issue.

The trackpad seems to only work on some parts of the trackpad and in some areas I have to push down really hard to get my cursor to move. Some places on the trackpad no matter how much force I put I get no response.
This is obviously a hardware issue so I'm wondering if anyone can point me In the right direction as to where to find the trackpad connector/how to reseat it. I've checked the manual (n850hk) but there is no mention of trackpad in there.

When opening up the laptop I saw some cj_tp1 and upon looking up the part number of the cable attached it came up with mouse buttons, but couldn't find anywhere on the mobo about the actual trackpad touch.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is obviously a hardware issue so I'm wondering if anyone can point me In the right direction as to where to find the trackpad connector/how to reseat it. I've checked the manual (n850hk) but there is no mention of trackpad in there.
You'd need to RMA it with PCS.

Can I just confirm, did you buy this from PCS? Can you post your full specs from the order page?

Rikeshp

Yeah, I bought it from PCS. I do not want to RMA it as my warranty has run out so I'd rather fix it myself as i did with the keyboard
Here are my specs:
Chassis & DisplayOptimus Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i5 Quad Core Processor 7300HQ (2.5GHz, 3.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)8GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive500GB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
1st M.2 SSD Drive128GB M.2 2280, SATA 6Gb/s (560MB/R, 467MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor1 x 120W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
BatteryCosmos VI Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardIntel 2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema 3
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-8265 M.2 (867Mbps, 802.11AC) +BT 4.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.0 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard LanguageSINGLE COLOUR BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating SystemNO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaNO DVD RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office SoftwareNO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Notebook MouseINTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
WebcamINTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Insurance1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (M

I sent a ticket the last time this post was made and they sent the manual which i used to fix the keyboard but they didn't mention anything about the trackpad. Maybe the advisor forgot about it as it was the 2nd part of the ticket but i will send another one to ask for instructions on what to do.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, I bought it from PCS. I do not want to RMA it as my warranty has run out so I'd rather fix it myself as i did with the keyboard
Here are my specs:
Chassis & DisplayOptimus Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i5 Quad Core Processor 7300HQ (2.5GHz, 3.5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)8GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (1 x 8GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive500GB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
1st M.2 SSD Drive128GB M.2 2280, SATA 6Gb/s (560MB/R, 467MB/W)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor1 x 120W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
BatteryCosmos VI Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardIntel 2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema 3
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-8265 M.2 (867Mbps, 802.11AC) +BT 4.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.0 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard LanguageSINGLE COLOUR BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating SystemNO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaNO DVD RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office SoftwareNO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Notebook MouseINTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
WebcamINTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Insurance1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (M

I sent a ticket the last time this post was made and they sent the manual which i used to fix the keyboard but they didn't mention anything about the trackpad. Maybe the advisor forgot about it as it was the 2nd part of the ticket but i will send another one to ask for instructions on what to do.
On the underside of the laptop should be a model number, likely a clevo, can you post that?

Rikeshp

On the underside of the laptop should be a model number, likely a clevo, can you post that?
It's an N850HK1, I have the manual as a technician sent me it from my last ticket about the keyboard.
I believe the issue may have arisen from the fact that when i was using the laptop, it was always plugged in the wall with the charger on so that the battery has swelled up and maybe pushed some parts/connectors?. ( I also have a battery issue where it sometimes doesnt boot and to fix i have to take battery out, hold power button for a while and put it back in while keeping the laptop as still as possible, but i imagine this can be fixed by buying a new battery).