Optimus VIII SSD

Ellanth

Hey Everyone!

I just received my brand new Optimus VIII laptop and i have to say it's amazing so far. My only one problem is i don't know how to install my own 2,5" SSD because no service panel on the back. I ordered it with m2 ssd so the slot is left free. Anybody tried to install own component or has video link or something what is might be helpful to me?

Thank you

Stephen M

Author Level
I have the previous Optimus and guess yours will be very similar, you need to take the whole back off, not sure how many screws but quite a few and seem to remember they were not all the same. I keep a stock of the paper baking shells used for small cakes and on top of my work bench place them in a map of the laptop so it is easy to put the right screws back, seems a little tedious but far better than being left with a random screw.

Ellanth

Yeah thank you i just figured it out myself how to remove the back panel without any damage. There were 3 more screws under the battery too but after remove those i could gently remove the back panel. Thank you

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Yeah thank you i just figured it out myself how to remove the back panel without any damage. There were 3 more screws under the battery too but after remove those i could gently remove the back panel. Thank you

If someone on here has helped you it's a good idea to give them +ve rep. You can do that by clicking the star at the bottom left of the post that helped you. This helps all other users because they can better trust a response from someone with a high reputation than a conflicting response from someone with a lower reputation. :)