Optmus III and Windows 8

TommyAwesome

So, I decided to upgrade to Windows 8 last night, and everything went well... except the speakers do not work.

The drivers look like they're installed correctly, there's no exclamation marks in device manager, and head phones work.

What makes things weirder is that when I removed/uninstalled anything audio related and rebooted, they started working... Then after a windows updates for MS Office - they stopped working and haven't worked since. I've tried a variety of drivers to no avail... I have read on a few posts that a BIOS update may be needed, but have looked around online and haven't seen anything.

I have tried both drivers from original CD, and the latest Win 8 drivers from the Clevo website... but still nothing works.

Anyone have any ideas??

First impressions of Windows 8 are actually very good. Once you get past the tiles screen and get used to how they work, its ok. The speed is much faster than Win 7, so it's all been worth it!!

TommyAwesome

On a side note - anyone looking to upgrade to Windows 8 - I'd highly recommend it now. I didn't like it before I installed it, and for £25 I thought I'd give it a go. My laptop now boots in 17 seconds from pressing the On button to the tiles screen appearing. (That is with a Solid State drive though - but one of the early ones, so it may be even quicker with a later model.

Once you move around the tiles, add and remove other ones, it is actually really good. There are still a few little things that bother me, like closing apps down from the tiles - I'm never actually sure if they'e been closed or are in the background. But either way, it all looks an navigates well once you get used to it.