Order feedback

Vulcaan

Hello all,

I wanted to give some feedback to a desktop order I made as well as possiable advice for other builds moving forward.
Personally I am a system builder but with the graphics card melt down across thew world I needed a PC builder to get the parts I wanted.

First point would be the case - 'CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE' its a good case and I did see I could supply my own but the process for arranging that could be easier, maybe allow someone at PCS to be a point of contact to make sure it doesnt delay the build, most likely one of the upgrades with a year will be getting the ICUE 5000X RBG case.

More options to have white components, as for example motherboards, PSU and RAM, as I didnt see a single white element apart from I think it was 3 cases.
As for RAM as well, you have lower speed RAM at 64Gig, but you can only get 3600 speed at 32Gig in size and there is no option to full out the RAM slots when using Vengeance RAM with the lighting enhancemnet kit, which was the first upgrade of my PC.

and finally the element I knew I wouldnt like is the PSU cabling. most of the PSUs are corsair based did not have an option to use the premium individually sleeved PSU cables, the amount of cabling waste from the standard cables with the PSU are a bit of a joke and must have been a pain to cable manage, from the amount of zip ties used on the case.

Thanks

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi mate, just thought I'd chime in a little. The 500d is a fantastic case I'm not sure it's much of an upgrade to move to the 5000X.

Now don't get me wrong I absolutely love the 5000X but it's more a sidegrade than an upgrade to move from the 500d in my opinion. But hey if it's what you want go nuts.

As for the PSU I'm not sure what you mean? There are number of PSU's available on the configurator including the premium RMx PSU's. These are fully modular and should only have the cables that are being actively used in place?

I recently stripped my PCS machine and rejigged the fan and radiator placement and re-done all the cables. I did find the cable management side could use a lot of improvement so I could understand where you might have issues. Some of the things that were tied together and the logic in how they were fed through the case didn't make much sense to me and made it a little more difficult than I felt it had to be to get it where I wanted.

Vulcaan

Hey Steve,

I agree with you it would be a side grade more then anything, but would have more fan/radiator placement and more space for HDD placement on the back side of the case, just something I'm already facing is space for drive after losing space for the commander pro and RBG hub. so something to think later lol.

As for the PSU, the cables that come with the 850 RM are ok, but the PCIe cables are dual only, and because its a 3080 Ti, PCS didnt/doesnt chain the PCIe cables so for the 3 PSU connections they have routed and then zip tied the daisy chained the PCIe cable, so its a lot of wasted cables and personally they dont look the the best.
but the premium sleeved cables are single connected PCIe cables which just finishes off the look, there is nothing worse with what PCS did the cabling and the making it clean is very good, I just wanted to give some feedback for the finishing tounches that would make this a great buy for what is around an extra 150/200 pounds for the RAM light enhancement (40ish) as well as coloured PSU cables (80 pounds) plus install cost.

Just to be clear, I'm very happy with my system, just though I would offer some finishing touches that I think should be done to finish off a system and make them stand out, options for customers tho as not everyone wants to spend the extra pennies on the look and feeling of a sysytem.