Order Form Suggestion.

Hi,

I have a suggestion to make your lives easier.:)

I recommend that on the "place your order" page you include a section to add additional instructions to the build team.

For example, I have just placed an order for a new PC with just a 1TB hard drive, however, I have a spare 1TB SSD and an HDD from my old pc which I will fit when the new pc arrives.

So I would like to ask the builders to add the cables for the extra hard drives ready for me to install them.

As I am unable to put that information on the order form so I will have to call in and ask for that to be done via a telephone call at a time when you are incredibly busy and is very hard for me to get in contact with you.:(

Martin

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
No suggestion needed, @MartinDouglasShaw810! You can actually do this almost exactly as you’ve suggested. Simply sidestep all that hassle by utilising the live chat option on a PC browser and log your request, they’ll book it and that info will be displayed to the person who builds your system 🙂👍

Using this method ensured I had my OS installed on the drive I needed it allocated to.

Muin

Bronze Level Poster
This is a great idea. I'm planning on adding in a few HDDs that I have in an old system and may ask them to add in the cables in preparation. That said, I'm more than capable of adding in cables myself and I know the folk on Live Chat and the builders must be crazy busy.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
This is a great idea. I'm planning on adding in a few HDDs that I have in an old system and may ask them to add in the cables in preparation. That said, I'm more than capable of adding in cables myself and I know the folk on Live Chat and the builders must be crazy busy.
It'd do no harm to log it with them and they do get plenty of those types of requests so I can't see it being an issue. I doubt the person who'll be building your system will be scrawling obscenities on the inside panels of your case because you asked them to attach the extra SATA cables to the PSU 🙃

Muin

Bronze Level Poster
It'd do no harm to log it with them and they do get plenty of those types of requests so I can't see it being an issue. I doubt the person who'll be building your system will be scrawling obscenities on the inside panels of your case because you asked them to attach the extra SATA cables to the PSU 🙃
Lmao, as long as it's somewhere that can only be seen if you go looking for it I wouldn't mind, it'd give me a well-needed laugh.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Can imagine it on a build for you:

@AgentCooper I sincerly hope that this cable management reaches and exceeds your very high standards 😁