order number for sending a message

xrchz

Bronze Level Poster
If you're logged in and click "New Message" to send a message to PCS staff, the form asks you for your order number. It would be cool if you had a drop down menu there with a list of all your order numbers, so that you don't have to remember it (or go back and look at your order list again then go to the message).

If it's conceivable that someone would want to put an order number in that's not theirs, you could also have an "Other" option that gives you back a text box to enter what you want. (Maybe what I'm really thinking of is a bunch of radio boxes with Other at the end, instead of a drop down, although that would be uglier.) Easiest solution might be to just have a little frame next to it with all your order numbers that you could copy out of.

But I think people should only be writing about their own orders so the drop down might be best.

Reactions: PCS

Gorman

Author Level
As the forum database and customer database are completely different and i would assume cannot be linked for security reasons, you are talking about a lot of code. Still, that would be cool.

xrchz

Bronze Level Poster
I'm not talking about forum messages, though. Just about the "New Message" link in the Admin pages when you're logged into the main site.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
It's a good point. The customer area does need an overhaul, and we'll look into this when we next perform some updates. Thanks. :)