Order slight issue during test stage

Casterina

I ordered the 15.6" Cosmos VI laptop last week and is now in testing stage however I received this email from PCS today.

Good afternoon

This is an update with relation to the recent order you have placed with us. The system is currently experiencing a slight issue during the testing stage but we are working hard to resolve this issue. I am sorry for the slight delay in this however as you may be aware our systems do undergo a series of stability tests before they are sent out to you to make sure there are no issues upon receiving it. Please rest assured we will work to have the system with you as soon as possible.

My worry is that it doesn't state what the issue is and that I might receive a defect laptop.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I ordered the 15.6" Cosmos VI laptop last week and is now in testing stage however I received this email from PCS today.

My worry is that it doesn't state what the issue is and that I might receive a defect laptop.

The testing phase highlights any issues and problematic parts are replaced, that's what that email is telling you. Don't worry, it'll be fine.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
As above, the fact they're telling you about it means they've identified an issue and will fix it.

The email doesn't go into detail, I assume because the point they want to convey is that there will be a slight delay to your order but that they're making sure what you receive will be fully functional, rather than technical details about a product you haven't been sent yet.

Obviously you'll want to test the laptop out when you get it, as you would check any expensive purchase, but their message to you may offer some reassurance that their quality assurance processes find and catch issues before sending you things :)

Casterina

As above, the fact they're telling you about it means they've identified an issue and will fix it.

The email doesn't go into detail, I assume because the point they want to convey is that there will be a slight delay to your order but that they're making sure what you receive will be fully functional, rather than technical details about a product you haven't been sent yet.

Obviously you'll want to test the laptop out when you get it, as you would check any expensive purchase, but their message to you may offer some reassurance that their quality assurance processes find and catch issues before sending you things :)
What tests should I do on the laptop to check it is all working?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
You can start by using it as you normally would, e.g. gaming, browsing, office work, video rendering, whatever it's for. The main thing is not to leave it sat on a shelf for 3 months before checking if it switches on.. (people do do that...)

And then you can do the above tests Spyder lists for thoroughness :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Actually this is good news for two main reasons:

1. PCS really do test each and every computer before they ship it, that way any defects are fixed before it ships and this means you can be confident that it won't be defective when you get it.

2. Probably in response to a fair number of complaints about poor customer service, PCS are keeping you informed about what's happening with your order. Would you have preferred they not tell you and just ship it?