Out of stock parts query

Psylo88

Hi to all on the forum šŸ‘
Just a quick query on parts, fingers crossed someone might know:
I have an estimated build start date of Friday which is great, however to pass the time since initially ordering in late May Iā€™ve been configuring random builds. Iā€™ve noticed the fan kit I ordered is now out of stock. So Iā€™m wondering if this means that my build would be delayed or is the kit I ordered already allocated to my PC so I donā€™t have to worry?
If it does mean a delay would I also face a delay if I amended my order to an in stock fan kit so close to the estimated build start date?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

nick_123

Silver Level Poster
Parts are not allocated to the your order until the build. So yes, an item being out of stock will lead to a delay. On your second question, you can amend your order to your hearts content up to the the building stage, without any time penalty. I would call PCS to ask them when your original part will likely be back in stock before making a decision. Your other option is to ask the guys on here who are experienced hands to recommend an alternative, unless you know what youā€™re doing of course.

Psylo88

Thanks for the advice, appreciated šŸ‘ Think Iā€™ll go for the in stock ā€˜upgradedā€™ kit! But worried now that I know I can amend to my hearts content till build day could get expensive :LOL:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Under normal circumstances PCS will contact you if a part is out of stock to see whether you want to go with an alternative or wait. I'd hope they'd be doing that now too.