out of stock

kpsw

does anyone know when they’re planning on restocking? i wanna buy the amd ryzen 5 3600 and gtx 1660 but it’s been out of stock for a while now😣

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I don't think even PCS know when they'll receive stock. It seems to be arriving in dribs and drabs at irregular intervals. Give PCS a call if you want info specific to your build.

RobSas

Bronze Level Poster
In previous roles I've worked as an IT purchaser for systems and components and operations/build scheduler.

In the early 1990's I saw acute shortages in IT kit due to the market crash. At one point, Compaq LTE laptops were shipping but not the external power supplies! 500 laptops in the warehouse and no way to switch them on!

in 1995 the effects of the Kobe earthquake knocked back production of all sort of components, CPU's, motherboards, hard disks, ram as well a consumer electronics. I was working for a system builder then and production literally ground to a halt for a few weeks. The phrase "Kobe" became the standard mantra used by distributors explaining delays that I was trying to buy components from.

The 2000 .com bubble crash and 9/11 had effects from component manufacturing to distribution.

PCS will be at the mercy of a very fast changing situation not helped (I think) by Nvidia potentially moving some of it's production from TSMC to Samsung's chip foundry's.

Bear in mind that TSMC don't just produce chips for Nvidia but Apple, Intel, AMD and a host of other vendors.

Crypto is on a rise this year which in my thinking will be contributing to the demand drought we're all suffering from.

This is a very complex situation, more complex than I've seen the 1990s and it seems that all vendors, distributors, resellers and system builders are caught up; the lack timely of updates down the chain from manufacturing to distribution is really frustrating and unfortunately, PCS (and others) are on the end of the line of "no-news".

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

longdog42

Bronze Level Poster
oh wait thank you so much! i never knew it says the date agahh i feel stupid, but thank you!
Would keep an eye on the stock everyday despite those dates. Pretty sure they're an estimate, the B550-F Strix boards were meant to be OOS until like the 12th of December but they got stock sometime late November to start of December.