Overclock fail. Help!

Chewbacca

Hi guys.
Basically, I screwed up. I tried overclocking my GPU with EVGA precision X and accidentally pushed the clock offset up to +700 and pressed apply. My system shutdown straight away and now every time I try to boot into windows the pc just shuts down straight away, stopping me from uninstalling it or changing the settings.
I have no idea what to do :(
Any help would be appreciated.

T

TheGeeza

Just before the Windows 7 splash screen appears, press the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options.
From there you can select Safe mode from the list. That will cause the machine to boot into windows and only load up the necessary drivers and services without starting up EVGA precision X.
Uninstall EVGA precision through control panel and make sure you remove user settings during the de-installation. That will make sure that your overclocking settings are removed entirely.
Then restart the system and boot as normal and reinstall EVGA precision X if you want.

Chewbacca

Just before the Windows 7 splash screen appears, press the F8 key to enter Advanced Boot Options.
From there you can select Safe mode from the list. That will cause the machine to boot into windows and only load up the necessary drivers and services without starting up EVGA precision X.
Uninstall EVGA precision through control panel and make sure you remove user settings during the de-installation. That will make sure that your overclocking settings are removed entirely.
Then restart the system and boot as normal and reinstall EVGA precision X if you want.

Thank you so much! Got it all sorted now. :) Thanks.