Overclock i7 2600k

R1chman10

Hi, i'm going to order my new Pc soon but i'm not sure about something.
I've selected the i7 2600k Oc'ed to 4.8ghz with a Coolit Eco II A.l.C. Will this cooler be able to handle this Processor at that level of
over clocking? Thank you!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yes it will, depending on your case though i'd go for the 240, and get four fans in push pull on it. :)

R1chman10

yes it will, depending on your case though i'd go for the 240, and get four fans in push pull on it. :)

I can't get the 240 version because i'll push my budget but I'll be playing at a low resolution like 1440x900.
What will the temps be while playing something like Skyrim or Crysis and what temps at idle?

MadMan

Super Star
If your overclocking just to play games then i wouldn't bother. The cpu is powerful enough as it is already.

AshleyUK

Bronze Level Poster
If your overclocking just to play games then i wouldn't bother. The cpu is powerful enough as it is already.

As stated above, your be better off spending the cash on a better GPU, you will notice next to nothing performance increase OC, as your GPU will hold your PC back well both the i7 2600

PokerFace

Banned
Hi, i'm going to order my new Pc soon but i'm not sure about something.
I've selected the i7 2600k Oc'ed to 4.8ghz with a Coolit Eco II A.l.C. Will this cooler be able to handle this Processor at that level of
over clocking?
Thank you!

Just tell me what I want to know, will the cooler handle this CPU with the overclock?

"Just tell me what I want to know"?

Your original question was answered by Tom.

The other info by Tom and other posters was intended to offer additional advice, in an attempt to save you money and the possible unnecessary stress which can sometimes be experienced by overclocking.

Your "just tell me what I want to know" statement seems to indicate that you think the people on this forum are getting paid to answer your questions. So just to clear things up...no they are not. They are just a bunch of guys (and gals) who are interested in computers and are always happy to help when they can.

If I misread the tone in your "just tell me what I want to know" post, then I apologise. It just didn't come over very well from my point of view.

R1chman10

Your original question was answered by Tom.

The other info by Tom and other posters was intended to offer additional advice, in an attempt to save you money and the possible unnecessary stress which can sometimes be experienced by overclocking.

Your "just tell me what I want to know" statement seems to indicate that you think the people on this forum are getting paid to answer your questions. So just to clear things up...no they are not. They are just a bunch of guys (and gals) who are interested in computers and are always happy to help when they can.

If I misread the tone in your "just tell me what I want to know" post, then I apologise. It just didn't come over very well from my point of view.

I didn't make this forum to thread to fight with someone (Got enough of it IRL). I've got all of the information I need and I just ordered it.

tom_gr7

Life Serving

+1