Overclock vortex 1500 or standard I7

Shui_ip

Hi all

Been looking at some specs for a gaming desktop in preparation to Diablo 3.

Been thinking whether to buy a OC vortex 1500 or just spec up a non overlclocked desktop with similar specs. Obviously the main difference is the overclock. Now the question is what would you go for the prices are quite similar and does it make much difference to gaming?

I have recently moved house and left my current setup at my parents, its a few years old. I can't remember specifically what spec but I know it's a AMD phenom and it has a nvidia 280gtx with 4gb ram.

Now could my AMD handle Diablo 3 on its highest setting On 1680 x 1050 or is it better to buy a new rig with a new monitor and play it in 1920x1080p.

A few questions there :eek:.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Do you know if it's a quadcore phenom? If so you might be able to just upgrade the GPU and blast on through Diablo 3. If it's just a dual core then you might be best to upgrade to a new system , as you would need a new GPU, new CPU and possibly more RAM.

On a new build an overclock is probably a bit over the top, i would spec my own machine and get it exactly as you want it. Overclocking the CPU offers no gaming benefits as such.

Post up whats your looking at ( guide at the top of this page if you don't know how) and we can advise from that.