OVerclocked PhenomII x6

andmcg

Case
ANTEC 900 BLACK GAMING CASE (£79)
Overclocked CPU
OVERCLOCKED AMD PHENOM II X6 1090T (3.20GHz @ MAX 3.80GHz)
Motherboard
ASUS® CROSSHAIR IV FORMULA: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0Gb/s, R.O GAMERS
Memory (RAM)
8GB CORSAIR XMS3 DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (4 x 2GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5870 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card
NONE
3rd Graphics Card
NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk
NONE
RAID (HDD 1 & 2)
NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NONE
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (READS XD, MS, CF, SD, etc)
Power Supply & Case Cooling
800W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£89)
Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER (£39)
Thermal Paste
STANDARD OVERCLOCK THERMAL PASTE
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

This is the new pc im looking to buy i know some parts may be excessive but im trying to future proof it as much as possible with out spending to much, ive put extra power so i can put a second graphics card in later on if needed, is this balanced and safe to run for gaming on highest settings, since its overclocked will i have to ever have to set anything or can i just play games and it will be ok , im not great with computers so could do with some help any and all suggestions on specs and what this pc can do will be appreciated thanks.

Gorman

Author Level
Looks like a solid gaming rig.

With an overclock there is always the off chance that it will default to stock clocks. If this happens it can be overclocked again with help from our call centre.

Meds

Agreed, a very nice rig you've put together!

Overclocks are setup in the Motherboard BIOS, we will set it up here so when you receive the PC it will be ready to use out of the box. With an overclocked PC, you don't need to changed any other settings software-wise - just crack on with your gaming :D

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Great, well balanced specification you have put together there. It will be able to play your games on very high settings with ease. :)

PaulH

Bright Spark
Yea!!! An AMD spec, they really are the best bang for buck in my opinion, great rig you have spec'd up there too, and overclocking if you lose the settings is SOOO easy with the black edition processors as the multiplier is unlocked!

andmcg

thanks for the replys helped alot will be ordering very soon, will make my xbox 360 and ps3 gather alot of dust by the sound sof it lol

LDUK

Master Poster
Looks like a solid gaming rig.

With an overclock there is always the off chance that it will default to stock clocks. If this happens it can be overclocked again with help from our call centre.

Is there as much chance in that happening with an i7 (the 930 to be exact).

Gorman

Author Level
Completely and utterly random if it does happen ever.

Ive had it happen to me once after a power cut and once on a really cold morning.